Part of these results was presented in abstract form as a plenary poster at the 24th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, San Antonio, Texas, September 20-24, 2002.
Maintenance of Increased Bone Mass After Recombinant Human Parathyroid Hormone (1-84) With Sequential Zoledronate Treatment in Ovariectomized Rats†
Version of Record online: 19 JAN 2004
Copyright © 2004 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 19, Issue 6, pages 931–937, June 2004
How to Cite
Rhee, Y., Won, Y.-Y., Baek, M.-H. and Lim, S.-K. (2004), Maintenance of Increased Bone Mass After Recombinant Human Parathyroid Hormone (1-84) With Sequential Zoledronate Treatment in Ovariectomized Rats. J Bone Miner Res, 19: 931–937. doi: 10.1359/JBMR.040123
The authors have no conflict of interest
- Issue online: 2 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 19 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 24 NOV 2003
- Manuscript Received: 25 AUG 2003
- 1Anonymous 1991 Consensus development conference: Prophylaxis and treatment of osteoporosis. Am J Med 90: 107–110.
- 2NIH Consensus Development Panel on Osteoporosis Prevention, Diagnosis, and Therapy 2001 March 7–29, 2000: Highlights of the conference. South Med J 94: 569–573.
- 31993 Anabolic actions of parathyroid hormone on bone. Endocr Rev 14: 569–573690–709., , , ,
- 42001 Bone tissue and its mineralization in aged estrogen-depleted rats after long-term intermittent treatment with parathyroid hormone (PTH) analog SDZ PTS 893 or human PTH(1–34). Bone 28: 237–250., ,
- 51997 Biosynthetic human parathyroid hormone (1–34) effects on bone quality in aged ovariectomized rats. Endocrinology 138: 4330–4337., ,
- 62001 Effects of human parathyroid hormone (1–34), LY333334, on bone mass, remodeling, and mechanical properties of cortical bone during the first remodeling cycle in rabbits. Bone 28: 538–547., , , , ,
- 72001 Intermittently administered human parathyroid hormone(1–34) treatment increases intracortical bone turnover and porosity without reducing bone strength in the humerus of ovariectomized cynomolgus monkeys. J Bone Miner Res 16: 157–165., , , , ,
- 82001 Human parathyroid hormone 1–34 reverses bone loss in ovariectomized mice. J Bone Miner Res 16: 1665–1673., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 92002 Skeletal changes in rats given daily subcutaneous injections of recombinant human parathyroid hormone (1–34) for 2 years and relevance to human safety. Toxicol Pathol 30: 312–321., , , , , , , ,
- 102003 Osteosarcoma of bone in a patient with primary hyperparathyroidism: A case report. J Bone Miner Res 18: 163–166., , , , ,
- 112000 Sequential parathyroid hormone/alendronate therapy for osteoporosis—robbing Peter to pay Paul? J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85: 2127–2128., ,
- 121989 Loss of the anabolic effect of parathyroid hormone on bone after discontinuation of hormone in rats. Bone 10: 447–452.,
- 131998 Effects of human PTH(1–34) and bisphosphonate on the osteopenic rat model. Toxicol Lett 102–103: 399–403., , , , , , , , ,
- 141992 Restoring and maintaining bone in osteopenic female rat skeleton: I. Changes in bone mass and structure. J Bone Miner Res 7: 1093–1104., , ,
- 151993 Parathyroid hormone is more effective than estrogen or bisphosphonates for restoration of lost bone mass in ovariectomized rats. Endocrinology 132: 823–831., , ,
- 162001 Maintenance of cancellous bone in ovariectomized, human parathyroid hormone [hPTH(1–84)]-treated rats by estrogen, risedronate, or reduced hPTH. Bone 29: 352–360., , ,
- 172001 Chemical and biological prerequisites for novel bisphosphonate molecules: Results of comparative preclinical studies. Semin Oncol 28: 4–10.
- 181996 A microtomographic system for the nondestructive evaluation of bone architecture. Calcif Tissue Int 58: 24–29., ,
- 192002 Biomechanics of bone: Determinants of skeletal fragility and bone quality. Osteoporos Int 13: 97–104.
- 202003 Long-term treatment of incadronate disodium accumulates microdamage but improves the trabecular bone microarchitecture in dog vertebra. J Bone Miner Res 18: 512–520., , , , , , , , , ,
- 211992 On the rat model of human osteopenias and osteoporoses. Bone Miner 18: 227–236.,
- 222001 Receptors for the carboxyl-terminal region of PTH(1–84) are highly expressed in osteocytic cells. Endocrinology 142: 916–925., , , , ,
- 231999 Increased bone formation by prevention of osteoblast apoptosis with parathyroid hormone. J Clin Invest 104: 439–446., , , , ,
- 241998 Accretion of bone mass and strength with parathyroid hormone prior to the onset of estrogen deficiency can provide temporary beneficial effects in skeletally mature rats. J Bone Miner Res 13: 883–890., , , , ,
- 251993 Maintenance of bone mass by physical exercise after discontinuation of intermittent hPTH(1–34) administration. Bone Miner 23: 333–342., , , , ,
- 261998 LY353381 × HCl: An improved benzothiophene analog with bone efficacy complementary to parathyroid hormone-(1–34). Endocrinology 139: 4642–4651., , ,