The authors have no conflict of interest
NF1 Tumor Suppressor Protein and mRNA in Skeletal Tissues of Developing and Adult Normal Mouse and NF1-Deficient Embryos†
Version of Record online: 27 JAN 2004
Copyright © 2004 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 19, Issue 6, pages 983–989, June 2004
How to Cite
Kuorilehto, T., Nissinen, M., Koivunen, J., Benson, M. D. and Peltonen, J. (2004), NF1 Tumor Suppressor Protein and mRNA in Skeletal Tissues of Developing and Adult Normal Mouse and NF1-Deficient Embryos. J Bone Miner Res, 19: 983–989. doi: 10.1359/JBMR.040130
- Issue online: 2 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 27 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 3 NOV 2003
- Manuscript Received: 6 FEB 2003
- 11986 Osseous manifestations of neurofibromatosis in childhood. J Pediatr Orthop 6: 72–88.,
- 21997 The diagnostic evaluation and multidisciplinary management of neurofibromatosis 1 and neurofibromatosis 2. JAMA 278: 51–57., , , , , , ,
- 32001 Abnormal development of the lesser wing of the sphenoid with microphthalmos and microcephaly. Neuroradiology 43: 178–182., ,
- 41999 Skeletal system. In: RiccardiVM (ed.) Neurofibromatosis: Phenotype, Natural History, and Pathogenesis, 3rd ed. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, USA, pp. 250–273.
- 51997 Type 1 neurofibromatosis: A descriptive analysis of the disorder in 1,728 patients. Am J Med Genet 70: 138–143.,
- 61994 Neurofibromatoses 1: A pathogenetic and clinical overview. In: HughesRAC (ed.) The Neurofibromatoses: A Pathogenetic and Clinical Overview 7, 1st ed. Chapman & Hall Medical, London, UK, pp. 160–203.
- 72000 A clinical assessment of neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1) and segmental NF in Northern Finland. J Med Genet 37: E43.
- 81990 Identification and characterization of transcripts from the neurofibromatosis 1 region: The sequence and genomic structure of EVI2 and mapping of other transcripts. Genomics 7: 555–565., , , , , , , , ,
- 91990 Deletions and a translocation interrupt a cloned gene at the neurofibromatosis type 1 locus. Cell 62: 187–192., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 101990 Type 1 neurofibromatosis gene: Identification of a large transcript disrupted in three NF1 patients. Science 249: 181–186., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 112001 NF1 tumor suppressor gene function: Narrowing the GAP. Cell 104: 593–604.,
- 121993 The neurofibromatosis type 1 gene and its protein product, neurofibromin. Neuron 10: 335–343.,
- 131992 The protein product of the neurofibromatosis type 1 gene is expressed at highest abundance in neurons, Schwann cells, and oligodendrocytes. Neuron 8: 415–428., , , , ,
- 141992 Neurofibromin, a predominantly neuronal GTPase activating protein in the adult, is ubiquitously expressed during development. Dev Dyn 195: 216–226.,
- 152000 Pathology of bone lesions associated with congenital pseudarthrosis of the leg. J Pediatr Orthop B 9: 3–10., , , ,
- 162001 Congenital pseudarthrosis of the ulna and radius in two cases of neurofibromatosis type 1. Pediatr Surg Int 17: 239–241., , ,
- 171999 Descriptive analysis of tibial pseudarthrosis in patients with neurofibromatosis 1. Am J Med Genet 84: 413–419., , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 181993 Congenital pseudoarthrosis of the radius. A case report and review of the literature. Clin Orthop 291: 246–250.
- 192002 Neurofibromatosis 1: Clinical review and exceptions to the rules. J Child Neurol 17: 613–651., ,
- 201994 Targeted disruption of the neurofibromatosis type-1 gene leads to developmental abnormalities in heart and various neural crest-derived tissues. Genes Dev 8: 1019–1029., , , , , , , , ,
- 211994 Tumour predisposition in mice heterozygous for a targeted mutation in Nf1. Nat Genet 7: 353–361., , , , ,
- 222001 Mouse models of neurofibromatosis. Biochim Biophys Acta 1471: M73–M80.,
- 232003 Nf1 has an essential role in endothelial cells. Nat Genet 33: 75–79., , , , , ,
- 241994 Differential expression and tissue distribution of type I and type II neurofibromins during mouse fetal development. Dev Biol 161: 538–551., ,
- 252001 Ablation of NF1 function in neurons induces abnormal development of cerebral cortex and reactive gliosis in the brain. Genes Dev 15: 859–876., , , , , , ,
- 261970 Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature 227: 680–685.
- 272000 New function for NF1 tumor suppressor. J Invest Dermatol 114: 473–479., , , , , , , ,
- 282002 NF1 tumor suppressor mRNA is targeted to the cell-cell contact zone in Ca(2+)-induced keratinocyte differentiation. Lab Invest 82: 353–361., , , , , , , ,
- 291995 Chondrocyte differentiation. Int Rev Cytol 159: 265–358., ,
- 301991 Spatiotemporal pattern of type X collagen gene expression and collagen deposition in embryonic chick vertebrae undergoing endochondral ossification. Anat Rec 229: 462–472., , , , ,
- 311995 Differentiation of the skeletal system. In: KaufmanMH (ed.) The Atlas of Mouse Development, revised ed. Academic Press, London, UK, pp. 495–506.
- 321998 Developmental regulation of NF1 tumor suppressor gene in human peripheral nerve. J Neurocytol 27: 939–952., , , , , , , ,
- 332002 Functional expression of NF1 tumor suppressor protein: Association with keratin intermediate filaments during the early development of human epidermis. BioMed Central Dermatol 2: 10., , ,
- 342003 Targeting RAS signalling pathways in cancer therapy. Nature Rev Cancer 3: 11–22.
- 352001 Development of the head, the neck, the eyes, and the ears. In: ScottWJ (ed.) Human embryology, 3rd ed. Churchill Livingstone, New York, NY, USA, pp. 349–417.
- 361992 Aberrant regulation of ras proteins in malignant tumour cells from type 1 neurofibromatosis patients. Nature 356: 713–715., , , , ,
- 371998 Fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 mutations promote apoptosis but do not alter chondrocyte proliferation in thanatophoric dysplasia. J Biol Chem 273: 13007–13014., , , ,