Dr Ny owns stock in Omnio AB and has filed patents related to wound healing and arthritis. All other authors have no conflict of interest.
Residues Determining the Binding Specificity of Uncompetitive Inhibitors to Tissue-Nonspecific Alkaline Phosphatase
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2004
Copyright © 2004 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 19, Issue 11, pages 1862–1872, November 2004
How to Cite
Kozlenkov, A., Le Du, M. H., Cuniasse, P., Ny, T., Hoylaerts, M. F. and Millán, J. L. (2004), Residues Determining the Binding Specificity of Uncompetitive Inhibitors to Tissue-Nonspecific Alkaline Phosphatase. J Bone Miner Res, 19: 1862–1872. doi: 10.1359/JBMR.040608
- Issue online: 2 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 1 APR 2004
- Manuscript Received: 26 FEB 2004
- 11979 Alkaline Phosphatases. Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA., ,
- 21961 Phosphate incorporation into alkaline phosphatase of E. coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 47: 1996–2005.,
- 31989 The human alkaline phosphatases: What we know and what we don't know. Clin Chim Acta 186: 137–150.
- 41988 A missense mutation in the human liver/bone/kidney alkaline phosphatase gene causing a form of lethal hypophosphatasia. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 85: 7666–7669., , , , , ,
- 51992 Missense mutations of the tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase gene in hypophosphatasia. Clin Chem 38: 2501–2505.,
- 62000 Hypophosphatasia: The mutations in the tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase gene. Hum Mutat 15: 309–315.
- 72001 Alkaline phosphatase. In: ScriverCR, BeaudetAL, SlyWS, ValleD, ChildsB, KinzlerKW, VogelsteinB (eds.) The Metabolic and Molecular Bases of Inherited Disease. MacGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, pp. 5313–5329.
- 81999 Correlations of genotype and phenotype in hypophosphatasia. Hum Mol Genet 8: 1039–1046., , , , , ,
- 92002 Kinetic characterization of hypophosphatasia mutations with physiological substrates. J Bone Miner Res 17: 1383–1391., , , , , ,
- 102001 Structural evidence for a functional role of human tissue: On-specific alkaline phosphatase in bone mineralization. J Biol Chem 276: 31171–31178., , , , ,
- 111969 Vesicles associated with calcification in the matrix of epiphyseal cartilage. J Cell Biol 41: 59–72.
- 121970 Isolation and characterization of calcifying matrix vesicles from epiphyseal cartilage. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 67: 1513–1520., ,
- 131971 Enzymic and electron-microscopic analysis of extracellular matrix vesicles associated with calcification in cartilage. Biochem J 122: 56P., ,
- 141978 Ultrastructural localization of alkaline phosphatase in initial membranous osteogenesis. Clin Orthop 135: 218–225.
- 151992 Immunolocalization of alkaline phosphatase in osteoblasts and matrix vesicles of human fetal bone. Bone Miner 19: 287–298., , , ,
- 161923 The possible significance of hexosephosphoric esters in ossification. Biochem J 17: 286–293.
- 171975 Studies on matrix vesicles isolated from chick epiphyseal cartilage. Association of pyrophosphatase and ATPase activities with alkaline phosphatase. Biochim Biophys Acta 391: 51–60.,
- 181980 Stereospecific inhibition of alkaline phosphatase by L-tetramisole prevents in vitro cartilage calcification. Lab Invest 43: 489–494., ,
- 191967 Association of inorganic pyrophosphatase activity with human alkaline phosphatase preparations. Biochem J 102: 53–57., , ,
- 201984 Studies on matrix vesicles isolated from chick epiphyseal cartilage. Association of pyrophosphatase and ATPase activities with alkaline phosphatase. Arch Biochem Biophys 231: 1–8.
- 211994 Phosphodiesterase activity is a novel property of alkaline phosphatase from osseous plate. Biochem J 301: 517–522., , ,
- 221997 Matrix vesicle in osteomalacic hypophosphatasia bone contain apatite-like mineral crystals. Am J Pathol 151: 1555–1561., , , ,
- 232004 Impaired calcification around matrix vesicles of growth plate and bone in alkaline phosphatase-deficient mice. Am J Pathol 164: 841–847., , , , , ,
- 242000 Tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase (TNALP) and plasma cell membrane glycoprotein-1 (PC-1) act as selective and mutual antagonists of mineralizing activity by murine osteoblasts. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 279: R1365–R1377., , , , , , , ,
- 252002 Tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase and plasma cell membrane glycoprotein-1 are central antagonistic regulators of bone mineralization. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99: 9445–9449., , , , , , ,
- 262003 Linked deficiencies in extracellular inorganic pyrophosphate (PPi) and osteopontin expression mediate pathologic ossification in PC-1 null mice. J Bone Miner Res 18: 994–1004., , , , , , , , ,
- 272004 Concerted regulation of inorganic pyrophosphate and osteopontin by Akp2. Enpp1 and Ank: An integrated model of the pathogenesis of mineralization disorders. Am J Pathol 164: 1199–1209., , , , ,
- 281971 Organ-specific inhibition of human alkaline phosphatase isoenzymes of liver, bone, intestine and placenta; L-phenylalanine, L-tryptophan and L-homoarginine. Enzymologia 41: 140–167.,
- 291974 Perspectives on alkaline phosphatase isoenzymes. Am J Med 56: 617–650.
- 301977 Inhibition of human placental-type alkaline phosphatase variants by peptides containing L-leucine. Clin Chim Acta 75: 449–454.,
- 311976 Alkaline phosphatase. I. Kinetics and inhibition by levamisole of purified isoenzymes from humans. Clin Chem 22: 972–976.
- 321980 Human skeletal alkaline phosphatase-kinetic studies including pH dependence and inhibition by theophylline. J Biol Chem 255: 4680–4686., ,
- 331995 Fundamentals of Enzyme Kinetics. Portland Press Ltd, London, UK.
- 341991 Gly429 is the major determinant of uncompetitive inhibition of human germ cell alkaline phosphatase by L-Leucine. Biochem J 274: 91–95.,
- 351991 Site-directed mutagenesis and epitope-mapped monoclonal antibodies define a specific important conformational difference between human placental and germ cell alkaline phosphatase. Eur J Biochem 202: 605–616.,
- 361992 Molecular mechanism of uncompetitive inhibition of human placental and germ cell alkaline phosphatase. Biochem J 286: 23–30., ,
- 372002 Function assignment to conserved residues in mammalian alkaline phosphatases. J Biol Chem 277: 22992–22999., , ,
- 381982 Determination of human serum placental alkaline phosphatase using theophylline inhibition. Clin Chim Acta 118: 135–139.,
- 392001 Comparison of 5-fluorouracil alone, 5-flourouracil with levamisole, and 5-flourouracil with hepatic irradiation in the treatment of patients with residual, nonmeasurable, intra-abdominal metastasis after undergoing resection for colorectal carcinoma. Cancer 91: 1020–1028., , , , ,
- 40NACCP group 2001 Adjuvant 5FU plus levamisole in colonic or rectal cancer; improved survival in stage II and III. Br J Cancer 85: 1437–1443., , ,
- 411985 Periorchitis after tetramisole treatment in bulls implaned with Setaria labiatopapillos. J Am Vet Med Assoc 186: 588–589.,
- 421984 Serum protein profile of mice during infection of Ancylostoma caninum and after the administration of tetramisole and levamisole. J Hyg Epidemiol Microbiol Immunol 28: 455–459.,
- 431977 Levamisole and hamster pouch carcinogenesis. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 43: 562–571.,
- 441986 Theophylline-induced hypercalcemia. Ann Intern Med 105: 52–54., , , , ,
- 452002 Structural evidence of functional divergence in human alkaline phosphatases. J Biol Chem 277: 49808–49814.,
- 461997 SWISS-MODEL and the Swiss-PdbViewer: An environment for comparative protein modeling. Electrophoresis 18: 2714–2723.,
- 471988 Determination of three-dimensional structures of proteins from interproton distance data by dynamical simulated annealing from a random array of atoms. Circumventing problems associated with folding. FEBS Lett 239: 129–136., ,
- 481993 X-PLOR, version 3.1. Yale University Press, New Haven, CT, USA.
- 491998 All-atom empirical potential for molecular modeling and dynamics studies of proteins. J Phys Chem 102: 3586–3616., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 512001 Crystal structure of alkaline phosphatase from human placenta at 1.8 A resolution. Implications for substrate specificity. J Biol Chem 276: 9158–9165., , , ,
- 521977 Comparison of the inhibition of avian and mammalian bone alkaline phosphatases by levamisole and compound R8231. Experientia 33: 154–155.,
- 531972 L-Homoarginine: An organ-specific, uncompetitive inhibitor of human liver and bone alkaline phosphohydrolases. J Biol Chem 247: 3082–3087.,
- 542002 Inhibition of alkaline phosphatase activity of boar semen by pentoxifylline, caffeine, and theophylline. J Androl 23: 783–792., ,
- 551991 Mutation of a single amino acid converts germ cell alkaline phosphatase to placental alkaline phosphatase. J Biol Chem 266: 21174–21178., , , ,
- 561979 Inhibition of alkaline phosphatase by substituted xanthines. Biochem Pharmacol 28: 1227–1231., ,