Dr Miller received funding from Amgen, Aventis, Eli Lilly and Company, Merck & Co., Novartis, Pfizer, Pharmacia, Procter & Gamble, and Roche. He has served as a speaker, a consultant, and on the advisory boards of Amgen, Aventis, Eli Lilly and Company, Merck & Co., Novartis, NPS Pharmaceuticals, Procter & Gamble, and Roche.
Monthly Oral Ibandronate Therapy in Postmenopausal Osteoporosis: 1-Year Results From the MOBILE Study
Version of Record online: 14 MAR 2005
Copyright © 2005 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 20, Issue 8, pages 1315–1322, August 2005
How to Cite
Miller, P. D., Mcclung, M. R., Macovei, L., Stakkestad, J. A., Luckey, M., Bonvoisin, B., Reginster, J.-Y., Recker, R. R., Hughes, C., Lewiecki, E. M., Felsenberg, D., Delmas, P. D., Kendler, D. L., Bolognese, M. A., Mairon, N. and Cooper, C. (2005), Monthly Oral Ibandronate Therapy in Postmenopausal Osteoporosis: 1-Year Results From the MOBILE Study. J Bone Miner Res, 20: 1315–1322. doi: 10.1359/JBMR.050313
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 14 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 26 JAN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 27 DEC 2004
- 1International Osteoporosis Foundation 2001 Osteoporosis in the European Community: A Call To Action. International Osteoporosis Foundation, Berne, Switzerland.
- 9Osteoporosis Prevention Diagnosis and Therapy 2000 NIH Consensus Statement. March 27–29, 2000.
- 10Oral Ibandronate Osteoporosis Vertebral Fracture Trial in North America and Europe (BONE) 2004 Effects of oral ibandronate administered daily or intermittently on fracture risk in postmenopausal osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res 19: 1241–1249., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 18Suppapanya N Alendronate Phase III Osteoporosis Treatment Study Group 2004 Does dosing regimen impact persistence with bisphosphonate therapy among postmenopausal osteoporotic women. J Bone Miner Res 19: S1–S448., , ,
- 192004 Medication persistence is better with weekly bisphosphonates, but it remains suboptimal. J Bone Miner Res 19: S1–S172., , , ,
- 302003 Oral monthly ibandronate decreases bone turnover in postmenopausal women with low bone mass: Results from the Monthly Oral Pilot Study (MOPS). Osteoporos Int 14 (Suppl 7): S5., , ,
- 33ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guideline 1999 Statistical principles for clinical trials. Stat Med 18: 1905–1942.
- 361996 The effect on bone mass and bone markers of different doses of ibandronate: A new bisphosphonate for prevention and treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis: A 1 year, randomised, double-blind, placebo controlled dose finding study. Bone 19: 527–533., , ,
- 37Merck & Co., Inc. 2004 Alendronate prescribing information. Available online at http://www.fosamax.com. Accessed December 2004.
- 382003 Risedronate prescribing information. Available online at http://www.actonel.com. Accessed December 2004.