The authors have no conflict of interest.
Characteristics and Familial Aggregation of Paget's Disease of Bone in Italy†
Article first published online: 28 MAR 2005
Copyright © 2005 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 20, Issue 8, pages 1356–1364, August 2005
How to Cite
Merlotti, D., Gennari, L., Galli, B., Martini, G., Calabrò, A., De Paola, V., Ceccarelli, E., Nardi, P., Avanzati, A. and Nuti, R. (2005), Characteristics and Familial Aggregation of Paget's Disease of Bone in Italy. J Bone Miner Res, 20: 1356–1364. doi: 10.1359/JBMR.050322
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 28 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 24 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Received: 23 DEC 2004
- 11998 Paget's disease of bone. J Bone Miner Res 13: 1061–1065.
- 21991 Pathophysiology and Treatment of Paget's Disease of Bone. Martin Dunitz, London, UK.
- 31877 On a form of chronic inflammation of bones (osteitis deformans). Med Chir Trans 60: 29–54.
- 42001 A clinical approach to diagnosis and management of Paget's disease of bone. J Bone Miner Res 16: 1379–1387., , ,
- 51990 Paget's disease of bone. Orthop Clin North Am 21: 171–189.,
- 61999 Epidemiology of Paget's disease of bone. Bone 24: 3S–5S., , , , ,
- 72002 Incidence and natural history of Paget's disease of bone in England and Wales. J Bone Miner Res 17: 465–471., , , , ,
- 81984 The epidemiology of Paget's disease of bone. Br Med Bull 40: 396–400.
- 91999 The epidemiology of Paget's disease in Britain: Is the prevalence decreasing? J Bone Miner Res 14: 192–197., , , , ,
- 101994 Epidemiological aspects of Paget's disease: Family history and relationship to other medical conditions. Semin Arthritis Rheum 23: 222–225.
- 112000 Long-term trends in the incidence of Paget's disease of bone. Bone 27: 423–427., , ,
- 121997 Evidence for secular change in Paget's disease. Bone 20: 69–71., , , , ,
- 132002 Pathogenesis of Paget's disease of bone. Clin Rev Bone Miner Metab 1: 109–114.
- 142001 The genetics of Paget's disease of bone. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86: 24–28., ,
- 151991 Familial aggregation of Paget's disease of bone. J Bone Miner Res 6: 495–500., , ,
- 161983 A family study of Paget's disease of bone. J Epidemiol Community Health 37: 226–231., ,
- 171995 Frequency and characteristics of familial aggregation of Paget's disease of bone. J Bone Miner Res 10: 663–670., , , ,
- 181980 Paget's disease of bone: The Lancashire focus. BMJ 280: 1105–1107., , ,
- 192003 Identification of possible areas of high prevalence of Paget's disease of bone in Spain. Clin Exp Rheumatol 21: 635–638., , , , ,
- 201997 Genetic linkage of Paget's disease of the bone to chromosome 18q. Am J Hum Genet 61: 1117–1122., , , , , ,
- 212002 Recurrent mutation of the gene encoding sequestosome 1 (SQSTM1/p62) in Paget disease of bone. Am J Hum Genet 70: 1582–1588., , ,
- 222002 Domain-specific mutations in sequestosome 1 (SQSTM1) causes familial and sporadic Paget's disease. Hum Mol Genet 11: 2735–2739., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 232003 Three novel mutations in SQSTM1 identified in familial Paget's disease of bone. J Bone Miner Res 18: 1748–1753., , , , , ,
- 242001 Familial Paget's disease of bone: Nonlinkage to the PDB1 and PDB2 loci on chromosomes 6p and 18 q in a large pedigree. J Bone Miner Res 16: 33–38., , , , , ,
- 252001 Genomewide search in familial Paget disease of bone shows evidence of genetic heterogeneity with candidate loci on chromosomes 2q36, 10p13, and 5q35. Am J Hum Genet 69: 1055–1061., , , , , , , , ,
- 262000 Mutations in TNFRSF11A, affecting the signal peptide of RANK, cause familial expansile osteolysis. Nat Genet 24: 45–48., , , , , , , , , ,
- 272003 Phenotypic characterization of early onset Paget's disease of bone caused by a 27-bp duplication in the TNFRSF11A gene. J Bone Miner Res 18: 1381–1385., ,
- 281984 Evidence for both respiratory syncytial virus and measles virus antigens in the osteoclasts of patients with Paget's disease of bone. Clin Orthop 183: 303–311., , , , ,
- 292002 Sequence analysis of measles virus nucleocapsid transcripts in patient with Paget's disease. J Bone Miner Res 17: 145–151., , , , , ,
- 302000 Osteoclasts expressing the measles virus nucleocapsid gene display a pagetic phenotype. J Clin Invest 105: 607–614., , , ,
- 311992 In situ analysis of Paget's disease of bone for measles-specific PCR-amplified cDNA. Diagn Mol Pathol 1: 256–265., , , ,
- 322002 The pro and con of measles virus in Paget's disease: Con. J Bone Miner Res 17: 2290–2292., , ,
- 331982 European distribution of Paget's disease of bone. BMJ 285: 1005–1008., ,
- 342003 Radiological prevalence of pelvic Paget's Disease in Italy. Calcif Tissue Int 72: 775., , , , , , , ,
- 351988 Risk factors for Paget's disease: A new hypothesis. Int J Epidemiol 17: 198–201., , , , ,
- 362002 Is clinical expressiveness of Paget's disease of bone decreasing? Bone 30: 399–403., , , ,
- 371997 Cattle, pets, and Paget's disease of bone. Epidemiology 8: 247–251., , , ,
- 382003 Analysis of environmental factors in familial versus sporadic Paget's disease of bone—the New England Registry for Paget's disease of bone. J Bone Miner Res 18: 1519–1524., , , ,
- 392004 The P392L mutation in the sequestosome-1 gene (p62) that is linked to Paget's Disease (PD) is not sufficient to induce a pagetic phenotype in osteoclast (OCL) precursors. J Bone Miner Res 19: S53., , , , ,
- 402004 Absence of evidence of Paget's Disease of Bone in subjects who harbor sequestosome 1 mutations. J Bone Miner Res 19: S469., , , ,
- 412004 Canine Distemper Virus dose-dependently increases human osteoclast formation and function. J Bone Miner Res 19: S184.
- 422004 Measles Virus Nucleocapsid Protein (MVNP) increases p62 and IKK-gamma expression to enhance TNF-alpha-induced osteoclast (OCL) differentiation and activation in Paget's disease. J Bone Miner Res 19: S41., , ,
- 431985 Past pets and Paget's disease. Lancet 2: 919–921.,
- 441996 Paget's disease of bone and unvaccinated dogs. Bone 19: 47–50., , , , ,
- 452001 Paramyxovirus infection in pigs with interstitial pneumonia and encephalitis in the United States. J Vet Diagn Invest 13: 428–433., , , ,
- 462002 Isolation of Salem virus, a novel equine paramyxovirus, and assessment of its etiologic role in a disease outbreak. Vet Microbiol 87: 205–212., , , ,
- 472003 Exogenous porcine viruses. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 278: 125–183., , , , , ,
- 481999 Canine distemper: current status. In: CarmichaelLE (ed.) Recent Advances in Canine Infectious Diseases. International Veterinary Information Service. Available online at http://www.ivis.org. Accessed November 15, 2004.,
- 491997 Epidemiological study of Paget's disease of bone in a zone of the Province of Salamanca (Spain). The Paget's disease of the bone study group of Salamanca. Eur J Epidemiol 13: 801–805., , ,
- 502002 Paget's disease of bone in Lancashire and arsenic pesticide in cotton mill wastewater: A speculative hypothesis. Bone 31: 434–436.
- 511979 Giant cell tumor in Paget's disease of bone: Familial and geographic clustering. Cancer 44: 742–747., , , ,
- 521991 Familial incidence of Paget's disease and secondary osteogenic sarcoma. A report of three cases from a single family. Clin Orthop 265: 306–309., ,