Drs Defranoux, Stokes, and Young are employees of and own stock in Entelos, Inc. Dr Kahn has no conflict of interest.
In Silico Modeling and Simulation of Bone Biology: A Proposal
Version of Record online: 4 APR 2005
Copyright © 2005 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 20, Issue 7, pages 1079–1084, July 2005
How to Cite
Defranoux, N. A., Stokes, C. L., Young, D. L. and Kahn, A. J. (2005), In Silico Modeling and Simulation of Bone Biology: A Proposal. J Bone Miner Res, 20: 1079–1084. doi: 10.1359/JBMR.050401
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 4 APR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 APR 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 9 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 28 OCT 2004
- 11995 Arthritis and other rheumatic conditions: Who is affected now, who will be affected later? Natl Arthr Data Workgroup Arthritis Care Res 8: 203–211., , , ,
- 2National Osteoporosis Foundation 2004 Osteoporosis: Fast facts. Available online at http://www.nof.org/osteoporosis/diseasefacts.htm. Accessed August 8, 2004.
- 31973 Bone Modeling and Skeletal Modeling Errors. Orthopedic Lectures, vol. 1. C.C. Thomas, Springfield, IL, USA, p. 214.
- 41987 The mechanostat: A proposed pathogenic mechanism of osteoporoses and the bone mass effects of mechanical and nonmechanical agents. Bone Miner 2: 73–85.
- 51992 Julius Wolff and the law of bone remodelling. In: RegelingG (ed.) Wolff's Law and Connective Tissue Regulation. Walter de Gruyter, New York, NY, USA, pp. 1–12.
- 61999 Toward a mathematical description of bone biology: The principle of cellular accommodation. Calcif Tissue Int 65: 466–471.
- 72001 Trabecular bone's mechanical properties are affected by its non-uniform mineral distribution. J Biomech 34: 1573–1580., , ,
- 82003 A theoretical analysis of the relative influences of peak BMD, age-related bone loss and menopause on the development of osteoporosis. Osteoporos Int 14: 843–847., ,
- 92000 Effects of mechanical forces on maintenance and adaptation of form in trabecular bone. Nature 405: 704–706., , ,
- 102004 Modeling the interactions between osteoblast and osteoclast activities in bone remodeling. J Theor Biol 229: 293–309., , , ,
- 112001 Biomarkers of bone turnover after a short period of steroid therapy in elderly men. Clin Chem 47: 1314–1316., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 122004 Prevention of glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis. South Med J 97: 555–558.
- 13USA FDA 2004 Innovation/Stagnation: Challenge and Opportunity on the Critical Path to New Medical Products. Available online at http://www.fda.gov/oc/initiatives/criticalpath/whitepaper.pdf. Accessed October 19, 2004.