The authors have no conflict of interest.
DMP1 Depletion Decreases Bone Mineralization In Vivo: An FTIR Imaging Analysis†
Version of Record online: 22 AUG 2005
Copyright © 2005 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 20, Issue 12, pages 2169–2177, December 2005
How to Cite
Ling, Y., Rios, H. F., Myers, E. R., Lu, Y., Feng, J. Q. and Boskey, A. L. (2005), DMP1 Depletion Decreases Bone Mineralization In Vivo: An FTIR Imaging Analysis. J Bone Miner Res, 20: 2169–2177. doi: 10.1359/JBMR.050815
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 22 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 28 JUL 2005
- Manuscript Received: 12 JAN 2005
- 11993 Characterization of a novel dentin matrix acidic phosphoprotein: Implications for induction of biomineralization. J Biol Chem 268: 12624–12630., , ,
- 22003 Six genes expressed in bones and teeth encode the current members of the SIBLING family of proteins. Connect Tissue Res 44 (Suppl 1): 33–40.,
- 32004 Post-translational modifications of sibling proteins and their roles in osteogenesis and dentinogenesis. Crit Rev Oral Biol Med 15: 126–136., ,
- 42001 The biochemistry of bone. In: MarcusR, FeldmanD, KelseyA (eds.) Osteoporosis, vol. 1. Academic Press, San Diego, CA, USA, pp. 107–188., ,
- 51997 Cloning and expression analysis of the bovine dentin matrix acidic phosphoprotein gene. J Dent Res 76: 754–760., , ,
- 61997 Gene expression patterns of murine dentin matrix protein 1 (Dmp1) and dentin sialophosphoprotein (DSPP) suggest distinct developmental functions in vivo. J Bone Miner Res 12: 2040–2049., , , , , ,
- 72000 Expression of the dentin matrix protein 1 gene in birds. J Mol Evol 50: 31–38., , , ,
- 82002 Dentin matrix protein 1, a target molecule for Cbfa1 in bone, is a unique bone marker gene. J Bone Miner Res 17: 1822–1831., , , , , , , ,
- 91998 Identification of a novel isoform of mouse dentin matrix protein 1: Spatial expression in mineralized tissues. J Bone Miner Res 13: 422–431., , , ,
- 102004 Expression of dentin matrix protein 1 (DMP1) in nonmineralized tissues. J Bone Miner Metab 22: 430–438., , , , ,
- 112004 Expression of SIBLINGs and their partner MMPs in salivary glands. J Dent Res 83: 664–670.,
- 122003 Dentin matrix protein 1 is expressed in human lung cancer. J Bone Miner Res 18: 1506–1512., , , , , , , ,
- 132004 Expression of dentin matrix protein 1 in tumors causing oncogenic osteomalacia. Mod Pathol 17: 573–578., , , , , , , ,
- 142004 Small integrin binding ligand N-linked glycoprotein gene family expression in different cancers. Clin Cancer Res 10: 8501–8511., , ,
- 152000 Promotion of selective cell attachment by the RGD sequence in dentine matrix protein 1. Arch Oral Biol 45: 475–484., , , ,
- 162001 Differentiation of embryonic mesenchymal cells to odontoblast-like cells by overexpression of dentin matrix protein 1. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98: 4516–4521., , , , ,
- 172004 Dentin matrix protein 1 expression during osteoblastic differentiation, generation of an osteocyte GFP-transgene. Bone 35: 74–82., , , , , , , ,
- 182004 Three small integrin binding ligand N-linked glycoproteins (SIBLINGs) bind and activate specific matrix metalloproteinases. FASEB J 18: 734–736., , ,
- 192004 Deletion of dentin matrix protein-1 leads to a partial failure of maturation of predentin into dentin, hypomineralization, and expanded cavities of pulp and root canal during postnatal tooth development. J Biol Chem 279: 19141–19148., , , , , , , ,
- 202003 Nucleation of apatite crystals in vitro by self-assembled dentin matrix protein 1. Nat Mater 2: 552–558., , ,
- 212004 Dentin matrix protein 1 immobilized on type I collagen fibrils facilitates apatite deposition in vitro. J Biol Chem 279: 11649–11656.,
- 222004 Diffusion systems for evaluation of biomineralization. Calcif Tissue Int 75: 494–501.,
- 232004 Dentin matrix protein-1: In vitro effects on hydroxyapatite formation provide insights into in vivo functions. J Biol Chem 279: 18115–18120., , , , , , , , , ,
- 242003 The dentin matrix protein 1 (Dmp1) is specifically expressed in mineralized, but not soft, tissues during development. J Dent Res 82: 776–780., , , , , , , , , ,
- 252005 Dmp1-deficient mice display severe defects in cartilage formation responsible for a chondrodysplasia-like phenotype. J Biol Chem 280: 6197–6203., , , , , , , , , ,
- 261952 Microscopic Histochemistry, 3rd ed. University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL, USA.
- 271992 Adaptations of Goldner's Masson trichrome stain for the study of undecalcified plastic embedded bone. Biotech Histochem 1: 30–34.
- 281989 The direct examination of three-dimensional bone architecture in vitro by computed tomography. J Bone Miner Res 4: 3–11., , , ,
- 29van der Meulen MCh, 2005 Genetic variation in structure-function relationships for the inbred mouse lumbar vertebral body. J Bone Miner Res 20: 817–827., ,
- 301979 A threshold selection method from gray-level histograms. IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern 9: 62–66.
- 311980 An interactive graphics package for calculating cross-sectional properties of complex shapes. J Biomech 13: 59–64.,
- 321998 Infrared microspectroscopic imaging of biomineralized tissues using a mercury-cadmium-telluride focal plane array detector. Cell Mol Biol 44: 109–115., , , , ,
- 331999 Infrared spectroscopy, microscopy, and microscopic imaging of mineralizing tissues. Spectra-structure correlations from human iliac crest biopsies. J Biomed Opt 4: 14–21., ,
- 341992 Applications of Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) microscopy to the study of mineralization in bone and cartilage. Cells Materials 2: 209–220., , ,
- 352001 Spectroscopic determination of collagen cross-links in bone. J Bone Miner Res 16: 1821–1828., , , ,
- 362000 IR microscopic imaging of pathological states and fracture healing of bone. Appl Spectrosc 54: 1183–1191., , ,
- 371999 Renal sulfate secretion is carbonic anhydrase dependent in a marine teleost, Pleuronectes americanus. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 276: F288–F294., , ,
- 381999 Biostatistical Analysis, 4th ed. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA.
- 391996 Nucleation and inhibition of hydroxyapatite formation by mineralized tissue proteins. Biochem J 317: 59–64., , , ,
- 401989 Mechanism of calcification: Role of collagen fibrils and collagen-phosphoprotein complexes in vitro and in vivo. Anat Rec 224: 139–153.
- 411995 Osteopontin and related phosphorylated sialoproteins: Effects on mineralization. Ann NY Acad Sci 760: 249–256.
- 422001 Dentin matrix protein 1 is predominantly expressed in chicken and rat osteocytes but not in osteoblasts. J Bone Miner Res 16: 2017–2026., , , , , ,
- 431999 Orthopaedic Pathology. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- 442005 Infrared imaging of calcified tissue in bone biopsies from adults with osteomalacia. Bone 36: 6–12., , , ,
- 452004 Transcriptional regulation of dentin matrix protein 1 by JunB and p300 during osteoblast differentiation. J Biol Chem 279: 44294–44302., , , , , , ,
- 462003 Evidence for the proteolytic processing of dentin matrix protein 1. Identification and characterization of processed fragments and cleavage sites. J Biol Chem 278: 34700–34708., , , , , ,
- 472001 A comparative study of sialic acid-rich proteins in rat bone and dentin. Eur J Oral Sci 109: 133–141., , , , , ,
- 481990 Concentration-dependent effects of dentin phosphophorin in the regulation of in vitro hydroxyapatite formation and growth. Bone Miner 11: 55–65., , , ,
- 492004 Bone morphogenetic protein-1/Tolloid-like proteinases process dentin matrix protein-1. J Biol Chem 279: 980–986., , , ,
- 502001 Bone mineralization, In: CowinSC (ed.) Bone Biomechanics, 3rd ed. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA, pp. 5.1–5.34.
- 511998 MMP-9/gelatinase B is a key regulator of growth plate angiogenesis and apoptosis of hypertrophic chondrocytes. Cell 93: 411–422., , , , , , , ,
- 521992 Treatment of proteoglycan aggregates with physeal enzymes reduces their ability to inhibit hydroxyapatite proliferation in a gelatin gel. J Orthop Res 10: 313–319., , ,
- 531991 Hydroxyapatite formation in the presence of proteoglycans of reduced sulfate content: Studies in the brachymorphic mouse. Calcif Tissue Int 49: 389–393., , ,