Dr Melton receives speaker's honoraria from Procter & Gamble, Merck & Co., and Amgen. All other authors state that they have no conflicts of interest.
Age- and Sex-Specific Differences in the Factor of Risk for Vertebral Fracture: A Population-Based Study Using QCT†
Version of Record online: 19 JUN 2006
Copyright © 2006 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 21, Issue 9, pages 1475–1482, September 2006
How to Cite
Bouxsein, M. L., Melton, L. J., Riggs, B. L., Muller, J., Atkinson, E. J., Oberg, A. L., Robb, R. A., Camp, J. J., Rouleau, P. A., McCollough, C. H. and Khosla, S. (2006), Age- and Sex-Specific Differences in the Factor of Risk for Vertebral Fracture: A Population-Based Study Using QCT. J Bone Miner Res, 21: 1475–1482. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.060606
Presented in part at the 27th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, Nashville, TN, November 22–26, 2005.
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 19 JUN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 JUN 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 26 APR 2006
- Manuscript Received: 22 FEB 2006
- 3U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 2004 Bone Health and Osteoporosis: A Report of the Surgeon General. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Surgeon General, Rockville, MD, USA.
- 62001 Biomechanics of age-related fractures. MarcusR, FeldmanD, KelseyJ (eds.) Osteoporosis, 2nd ed. Academic Press, San Diego, CA, USA, 509–534.
- 171994 Development of a Model to Predict the Compressive Forces on the Spine Associated With Age-Related Vertebral Fractures. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA.
- 202004 Population-based study of age and sex differences in bone volumetric density, size, geometry, and structure at different skeletal sites. J Bone Miner Res 19: 1945–1954., , , , , , , , ,Direct Link:
- 232001 Mechanics of Materials, 5th ed. Brooks/Cole, Pacific Grove, CA, USA.
- 33Naval Biodynamics Laboratory 1988 Anthropometry and Mass Distribtuion for Human Analogues, volume I: Military Male Aviators. Naval Medical Research and Development Command, New Orleans, LA, USA.
- 341970 Intravital dynamic pressure measurements in lumbar discs. Scand J Rehabil Med Suppl 1: 3–40.,
- 361994 Modern Applied Statistics with S-Plus. Springer-Verlag, New York, NY, USA.,