Dr Keaveny serves as a speaker and consultant for Merck, NPS pharmaceuticals, Amgen, and Eli Lilly and Company. He is also the owner and part time CSO of O.N. Diagnostics, LLC. Dr Hoffman is an employee of O.N. Diagnostics. Drs Donley, Glass, and Mitlak are employees of Eli Lilly and Company. Dr San Martin is a former employee of Eli Lilly and Company and is now employed by Amgen.
Effects of Teriparatide and Alendronate on Vertebral Strength as Assessed by Finite Element Modeling of QCT Scans in Women With Osteoporosis
Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2006
Copyright © 2007 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 149–157, January 2007
How to Cite
Keaveny, T. M., Donley, D. W., Hoffmann, P. F., Mitlak, B. H., Glass, E. V. and San Martin, J. A. (2007), Effects of Teriparatide and Alendronate on Vertebral Strength as Assessed by Finite Element Modeling of QCT Scans in Women With Osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res, 22: 149–157. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.061011
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 15 SEP 2006
- Manuscript Received: 13 FEB 2006
- 21993 An Introduction to the Finite Element Method, 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA.
- 82006 A biomechanical perspective on bone quality. Bone (in press).,
- 162004 Accurate prediction of vertebral strength using voxel-based non-linear finite element models. 50th Annual Orthopaedic Research Society Meeting, March 7–10, 2004, San Francisco, CA, USA., ,
- 202002 Clinical Trials in Osteoporosis. Springer, New York, NY, USA.,
- 241991 Biomechanics of cortical and trabecular bone: Implications for assessment of fracture risk. MowV, HayesW (eds.) Basic Orthopaedic Biomechanics, Raven Press, New York, NY, USA, 93–142.
- 262005 Combining biomechanical measures of vertebral strength with estimates of spinal loading to assess the effects of osteoporosis therapies on vertebral fracture: A pilot study in PaTH. J Bone Miner Res 20: S1; 411S., , , , , , , , ,
- 402006 Effect of risedronate treatment-induced changes in microarchitecture on trabecular bone strength-density characteristics. 52nd Annual Orthopaedic Research Society Meeting, March 19–22, 2006, Chicago, IL, USA., , ,
- 462001 Intermittently administered human parathyroid hormone (1-34) treatment increases intracortical bone turnover and porosity without reducing bone strength in the humerus of ovariectomized cynomolgus monkeys. J Bone Miner Res 16: 157–165., , , , ,