Dr Brown has served as a consultant to Eli Lilly & Co., Novartis, Procter & Gamble, and Sanofi-Aventis. Dr Leslie has received speaker fees, research honoraria, and research grants from Merck Frosst Canada, in addition to research honoraria and grants from Sanofi-Aventis and Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals Canada. Dr Papaloannou has received grants from and served as a consultant to Eli Lilly & Co., Merck, Aventis-Sanofi, Procter & Gamble, Novartis, and Amgen. Dr Hanley holds consultancies with Merck Frosst, Eli Lilly Canada, Procter & Gamble, NPS Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, and Paladin. Dr Adachi has served as a consultant to Amgen, Astra Zeneca, Eli Lilly, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer, Roche, and GlaxoSmithKline. All other authors state that they have no conflicts of interest.
Changes to Osteoporosis Prevalence According to Method of Risk Assessment†
Article first published online: 13 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2007 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 228–234, February 2007
How to Cite
Richards, J. B., Leslie, W. D., Joseph, L., Siminoski, K., Hanley, D. A., Adachi, J. D., Brown, J. P., Morin, S., Papaioannou, A., Josse, R. G., Prior, J. C., Davison, K. S., Tenenhouse, A. and Goltzman, D. (2007), Changes to Osteoporosis Prevalence According to Method of Risk Assessment. J Bone Miner Res, 22: 228–234. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.061109
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 13 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 12 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Received: 31 JUL 2006
- 2World Health Organization 1994 Assessment of fracture risk and its application to screening for postmenopausal osteoporosis. Report of a WHO Study Group. World Health Organ Tech Rep Ser 843: 1–129.
- 15Stastistics Canada 2005 Canadian Population by Age and Sex. Available at http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/demo10a.htm?sdi=age. Accessed December 20, 2005.
- 162003 Introduction to the Practice of Statistics, 4th ed. W.H. Freeman, New York, NY, USA.,
- 202005 Comparison of ten-year absolute fracture risk and WHO risk categorization in menopausal females. J Bone Miner Res 20: S11., ,