Dr Beck's employing institution, The Johns Hopkins University, has licensed the Hip Structure Analysis software to Hologic Inc. All other authors state that they have no conflicts of interest.
Geometric Indices of Bone Strength Are Associated With Physical Activity and Dietary Calcium Intake in Healthy Older Women†
Article first published online: 21 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2007 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 416–424, March 2007
How to Cite
Nurzenski, M. K., Briffa, N. K., Price, R. I., Khoo, B. C., Devine, A., Beck, T. J. and Prince, R. L. (2007), Geometric Indices of Bone Strength Are Associated With Physical Activity and Dietary Calcium Intake in Healthy Older Women. J Bone Miner Res, 22: 416–424. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.061115
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 21 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 31 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Received: 31 JAN 2006
- 31997 Biomechanics of cortical and trabecular bone: Implications for assessment of fracture risk. Mow VC, Hayes WC (eds.) Basic Orthopaedic Biomechanics, 2nd ed. Lippincott-Raven Publishers, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 69–111.,
- 42000 Structural trends in the aging femoral neck and proximal shaft: Analysis of the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey Dual-Energy X-ray Absorptiometry Data. J Bone Miner Res 15: 2297–2304., , , ,
- 71999 Clinical application of bone densitometry. Favus MJ (ed.) Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism, 4th ed. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 152–159.,
- 252003 Hip Structural Analysis (HSA) Program (BMD and Structural Geometry Methodology). Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, Baltimore, MD, USA.
- 271991 Energy, Nutrition and Human Performance. Lea & Febiger, Philidelphia, PA, USA., ,
- 281978 Health and Fitness Through Physical Activity. Wiley, New York, NY, USA., ,
- 351998 Skeletal Tissue Mechanics. Springer-Verlag, New York, NY, USA., ,
- 362003 Physical Activity in Australia Population Health Monitoring and Surveillance: Question Development Background Paper. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Canberra, Australia.