Presented, in part, as an abstract at the 27th American Society for Bone and Mineral Research Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, September 23–27, 2005.
Alendronate Treatment in Women With Normal to Severely Impaired Renal Function: An Analysis of the Fracture Intervention Trial†
Article first published online: 22 JAN 2007
Copyright © 2007 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 22, Issue 4, pages 503–508, April 2007
How to Cite
Jamal, S. A., Bauer, D. C., Ensrud, K. E., Cauley, J. A., Hochberg, M., Ishani, A. and Cummings, S. R. (2007), Alendronate Treatment in Women With Normal to Severely Impaired Renal Function: An Analysis of the Fracture Intervention Trial. J Bone Miner Res, 22: 503–508. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.070112
Dr Hochberg has served as a consultant to Merck & Co., Roche, Proctor & Gamble, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, and Amgen. Dr Cauley receives research funding from Eli Lilly & Co., Novartis, Merck & Co., and Pfizer & Co. She also serves as a consultant to Eli Lilly & Co. and Novartis in addition to serving on the Speakers Bureau for Merck & Co. All other authors state that they have no conflicts of interest.
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 22 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 14 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Received: 3 AUG 2006
- 3World Health Organization 1994 Assessment of Osteoporotic Fracture Risk and Its Role in Screening for Postmenopausal Osteoporosis. WHO Technical Series, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 9National Kidney Foundation 2002 K/DOQI clinical practice guidelines for chronic kidney disease: Evaluation, classification, and stratification. Am J Kidney Dis 39: S1–S266.
- 162005 Renal function and risk of hip and vertebral fractures among older women. J Bone Miner Res 20:S1; S380., , , , , , , , ,
- 172005 Safety and efficacy of risedronate in patients with age-related reduced renal function as estimated by the Cockcroft and Gault method: A pooled analysis of nine clinical trials. J Bone Miner Res 20: 2105–2115., , , , ,
- 192004 Safety and efficacy of risedronate in reducing fracture risk in osteoporotic women aged 80 and older: Implications for the use of antiresorptive agents in the old and oldest old. J Am Geriatr Soc 52: 1832–1839., , , , ,
- 21National Kidney Foundation 2003 K/DOQI Clinical Practice Guidelines for Bone Metabolism and Disease in Chronic Kidney Disease. Am J Kidney Dis 42(Suppl 3): S1–S201.
- 222003 Oral bisphosphonates for treatment of osteoporosis in elderly patients with impaired renal function. J Bone Miner Res 17:S1; S367.,