Drs Koka, McGowan, Mohla, Ruggiero, and Shum state that they have no conflicts of interest. The conflicts for Drs Khosla, Shane, Burr, Cauley, Dempster, Ebeling, Felsenberg, Gagel, Guise, McCauley, McKee, Pendrys, Raisz, Shafer, Silverman, Van Poznak, Watts, and Woo are detailed within the manuscript.
Article first published online: 19 JUL 2007
Copyright © 2007 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 22, Issue 10, pages 1479–1491, October 2007
How to Cite
Khosla, S., Burr, D., Cauley, J., Dempster, D. W., Ebeling, P. R., Felsenberg, D., Gagel, R. F., Gilsanz, V., Guise, T., Koka, S., McCauley, L. K., McGowan, J., McKee, M. D., Mohla, S., Pendrys, D. G., Raisz, L. G., Ruggiero, S. L., Shafer, D. M., Shum, L., Silverman, S. L., Van Poznak, C. H., Watts, N., Woo, S.-B. and Shane, E. (2007), Bisphosphonate-Associated Osteonecrosis of the Jaw: Report of a Task Force of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research. J Bone Miner Res, 22: 1479–1491. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.0707onj
Published online on July 19, 2007
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 19 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 16 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Received: 15 MAR 2007
- 22006 Bisphosphonates and osteonecrosis of the jaw. Aust Family Phys 35: 801–803., ,
- 32006 Bisphosphonattherapie assoziierte. Kiefernekrosen Deutsches Arzteblatt 46: A3078–A3080., ,
- 62003 Bisphosphonates in the prevention and treatment of bone metastases. Oncology (Williston Park) 17: 1261–1270.,
- 10Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee Meeting (ODAC) Questions to the Committee. Available at: www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/05/questions/2005–4095Q2_02_Zometa-Aredia-Questions.pdf. Accessed November 18, 2006.
- 142006 Osteonecrosis of the jaw in patients receiving intravenous bisphosphonate therapy. Clin Oncol 24(Suppl): 8528., , , , , , , , ,
- 152004 Osteonecrosis of the maxilla and mandible in patients with metastatic breast cancer. J Bone Miner Res 19:S1; S227., , , , , , ,
- 19National Cancer Institute 2006 Oral Complications of Chemotherapy and Head/Neck Radiation (PDQ). Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/supportivecare/oralcomplications/HealthProfessional. Accessed November 18, 2006.
- 20American Dental Association Division of Communications 2002 For the patient: Oral care for cancer patients. J Am Dent Assoc 133: 1014.
- 222006 Practical guidelines for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of osteonecrosis of the jaw in patients with cancer. J Oncol Pract 2: 7–14., , , , , , , ,
- 242004 Osteonecrosis of the maxilla and mandible in patients treated with bisphosphonates: A retrospective study. Available at: http://www.asco.org/portal/site/ASCO/menuitem.64cfbd0f85cb37b2eda2be0aee37a01d/?vgnextoid=09f8201eb61a7010VgnVCM100000ed730ad1RCRD&vmview=vm_search_results_view&selectedConfs=&SearchFilter=AbstNumber&SearchTerm=8088. Accessed November 18, 2006., , , , , , ,
- 35American Dental Association 2006 Dental management of patients receiving oral bisphosphonate therapy: Expert panel recommendations. J Am Dent Assoc. 137: 1144–1150.
- 36American Association of Endodontists (AAE) Special Committee on Bisphosphonates 2006 AAE Position Statement on the Endodontic Implications of Bisphosphonate-Associated Osteonecrosis of the Jaws. Available at: http://www.aae.org/ManagedFiles/pub/0/Pulp/bisphosonatesstatement.pdf#search=%22aae%20onj%22. Accessed December 21, 2006.
- 412005 Adverse oral sequelae to bisphosphonate administration. J Mich Dent Assoc 87: 44–49., ,
- 442004 Food and Drug Administration Postmarketing Review. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/05/briefing/2005–4095B2_03_04-FDA-TAB3.pdf. Accessed on January 18, 2007.
- 492005 Analysis of frequency and risk factors for developing bisphosphonate associated osteonecrosis of the jaw. Blood 106: A5057., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,