Dr Miller receives grant support from and/or serves as a consultant for Amgen, Merck, Novartis, Procter & Gamble, Roche, and Sanofi-Aventis. Dr Christiansen serves as a consultant for Wyeth. Dr Kendler serves as a consultant for Eli Lilly, Merck, Novartis, Servier, Wyeth, and Zelos. Dr Lewiecki receives grant support from and/or serves as a consultant for Amgen, Eli Lilly, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer, Procter & Gamble, Roche, and Wyeth and owns stock in Procter & Gamble. Dr Woodson receives grant support from Amgen, Eli Lilly, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, and Wyeth and is a speaker for Eli Lilly. Drs Levine, Chines, and Constantine are employees of Wyeth Pharmaceuticals. Dr Delmas serves as a consultant for Wyeth. Dr Hoeck states that he has no conflicts of interest.
Effects of Bazedoxifene on BMD and Bone Turnover in Postmenopausal Women: 2-Yr Results of a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-, and Active-Controlled Study†
Article first published online: 10 DEC 2007
Copyright © 2008 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 23, Issue 4, pages 525–535, April 2008
How to Cite
Miller, P. D., Chines, A. A., Christiansen, C., Hoeck, H. C., Kendler, D. L., Lewiecki, E. M., Woodson, G., Levine, A. B., Constantine, G. and Delmas, P. D. (2008), Effects of Bazedoxifene on BMD and Bone Turnover in Postmenopausal Women: 2-Yr Results of a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-, and Active-Controlled Study. J Bone Miner Res, 23: 525–535. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.071206
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 10 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 29 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUL 2007
- 3National Osteoporosis Foundation 2006 America's bone health: The state of osteoporosis and low bone mass. Available online at http://www.nof.org/advocacy/prevalence/indexed.htm. Accessed January 29, 2007.
- 8U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 2004 Bone Health and Osteoporosis: A Report of the Surgeon General. Rockville, MD: U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Office of the Surgeon General.
- 222001 TSE-424, a novel tissue selective estrogen, reduces biochemical indices of bone metabolism in a dose related fashion. Endocrine Society program and abstracts of the 83rd Annual Meeting, June 20–23, 2001, Denver, CO, USA., , , , , ,
- 232003 Effects of bazedoxifene TSE-424, a novel tissue selective estrogen receptor modulator SERM, on the incidence of breast pain. Osteoporos Int 14(Suppl 7): S14., , , ,
- 272007 Efficacy of bazedoxifene in reducing new vertebral fracture risk in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis: Results from a 3-year, randomized, placebo- and active-controlled clinical trial. J Bone Miner Res 22: S1; S58., , , , , , ,
- 402002 Risedronate preserves trabecular architecture and increases bone strength in vertebra of ovariectomized minipigs as measured by three-dimensional microcomputed tomography. J Bone Miner Res 17: 1139–1147., , , , ,