Dr Silverman has served on advisory boards for Wyeth and Lilly and on the speakers bureau for Lilly.
Efficacy of Bazedoxifene in Reducing New Vertebral Fracture Risk in Postmenopausal Women With Osteoporosis: Results From a 3-Year, Randomized, Placebo-, and Active-Controlled Clinical Trial†
Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2008
Copyright © 2008 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 23, Issue 12, pages 1923–1934, December 2008
How to Cite
Silverman, S. L., Christiansen, C., Genant, H. K., Vukicevic, S., Zanchetta, J. R., de Villiers, T. J., Constantine, G. D. and Chines, A. A. (2008), Efficacy of Bazedoxifene in Reducing New Vertebral Fracture Risk in Postmenopausal Women With Osteoporosis: Results From a 3-Year, Randomized, Placebo-, and Active-Controlled Clinical Trial. J Bone Miner Res, 23: 1923–1934. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.080710
These results were presented at the 29th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, September 16–19, 2007, Honolulu, HI, USA.
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUL 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 19 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 18 MAR 2008
- 19for the Study of Osteoporotic Fractures Research Group 1996 Comparison of semiquantitative visual and quantitative morphometric assessment of prevalent and incident vertebral fractures in osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res 11: 984–996., , , , , , ,
- 25for the Multiple Outcomes of Raloxifene Evaluation (MORE) Investigators 1999 Reduction of vertebral fracture risk in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis treated with raloxifene: Results from a 3-year randomized clinical trial. JAMA 282: 637–645., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 26on behalf of the World Health Organization Scientific Group 2008 Assessment of Osteoporosis at the Primary Health Care Level. World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Metabolic Bone Diseases, Sheffield, UK.,
- 27World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Metabolic Bone Diseases FRAX™ WHO Fracture Risk Assessment Tool. Available at: http://www.shef.ac.uk/FRAX/. Accessed March 1, 2008.