The authors state that they have no conflicts of interest.
Genetic Variation in Sex Hormone Genes Influences Heel Ultrasound Parameters in Middle-Aged and Elderly Men: Results From the European Male Aging Study (EMAS)†
Article first published online: 2 SEP 2008
Copyright © 2009 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 24, Issue 2, pages 314–323, February 2009
How to Cite
Limer, K. L., Pye, S. R., Thomson, W., Boonen, S., Borghs, H., Vanderschueren, D., Huhtaniemi, I. T., Adams, J. E., Ward, K. A., Platt, H., Payne, D., John, S. L., Bartfai, G., Casanueva, F., Finn, J. D., Forti, G., Giwercman, A., Han, T. S., Kula, K., Lean, M. E., Pendleton, N., Punab, M., Silman, A. J., Wu, F. C. and O'Neill, T. W. (2009), Genetic Variation in Sex Hormone Genes Influences Heel Ultrasound Parameters in Middle-Aged and Elderly Men: Results From the European Male Aging Study (EMAS). J Bone Miner Res, 24: 314–323. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.080912
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 2 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 20 MAR 2008
- Manuscript Received: 17 MAR 2008
- 172004 Two single nucleotide polymorphisms in the CYP17 and COMT Genes-relation to bone mass and longitudinal bone changes in postmenopausal women with or without hormone replacement therapy. The Danish Osteoporosis Prevention Study Calcif Tissue Int 75: 123–132.
- 192006 Robust and comprehensive analysis of 20 osteoporosis candidate genes by very high-density single-nucleotide polymorphism screen among 405 white nuclear families identified significant association and gene-gene interaction J Bone Miner Res 21: 1678–1695.
- 30The EMAS Study Group 2008 The European Male Ageing Study (EMAS): Design, methods and recruitment. Int J Androl (in press).
- 312004 Polymorphisms and male ageing. In: ChansonP, LambertsS, EpelbaumY, ChristensenK (eds.) Endocrine Aspects of Successful Aging: Genes, Hormones and Lifestyles (Research and Perspectives in Endocrine Interactions). Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany
- 411999 CYP17 and breast cancer risk: The polymorphism in the 5′ flanking area of the gene does not influence binding to Sp-1 Cancer Res 59: 2825–2828.
- 422006 Robust and comprehensive analysis of 20 osteoporosis candidate genes by very high-density single-nucleotide polymorphism screen among 405 white nuclear families identified significant association and gene-gene interaction J Bone Miner Res 21: 1678–1695.
- 442000 Androgen receptor CAG repeat length is associated with increased hip bone loss and vertebral fracture risk among older men J Bone Miner Res 15: S491–
- 50The EMAS Study Group 2008 Increased estrogen, not decreased androgen action is associated with longer androgen receptor CAG repeats: Results from the European Male Aging Study (EMAS) J Clin Endocrinol Metab (in press).
- 512004 Estrogen receptor beta polymorphisms are associated with bone mass in women and men: The Framingham Study J Bone Miner Res 19: 773–781.Direct Link:
- 522004 Association of five quantitative ultrasound devices and bone densitometry with osteoporotic vertebral fractures in a population-based sample: The OPUS Study J Bone Miner Res 19: 782–793.Direct Link: