The authors state that they have no conflicts of interest.
BMD in Population-Based Adult Women Is Associated With Socioeconomic Status†
Version of Record online: 29 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2009 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 24, Issue 5, pages 809–815, May 2009
How to Cite
Brennan, S. L., Henry, M. J., Wluka, A. E., Nicholson, G. C., Kotowicz, M. A., Williams, J. W. and Pasco, J. A. (2009), BMD in Population-Based Adult Women Is Associated With Socioeconomic Status. J Bone Miner Res, 24: 809–815. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.081243
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 29 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 6 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Received: 25 JUN 2008
- 21998 Social Determinants of Health: The Solid Facts. WHO European Region, Copenhagen, Denmark.,
- 32006 Health Inequalities in Australia: Morbidity, Health Behaviours, Risk Factors and Health Service Use. Queensland University of Technology and the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Canberra, Australia., , ,
- 162000 Site specific bone mineral density in Australian women Department of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences. PhD dissertation, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia.
- 192004 B-adrenergic blockers reduce the risk of fracture partly by increasing bone mineral density: Geelong Osteoporosis Study. J Bone Miner Res 19: 19–24., , , , ,Direct Link:
- 23Australian Bureau of Statistics 1996 Information Paper: Census of Population and Housing-Socioeconomic Indexes for Areas, Australia V 2033.0. Australian Government Publishing Service, Canberra, Australia.
- 242004 Seasonal periodicity of serum vitamin D and parathyroid hormone, bone resorption, and fractures: The Geelong Osteoporosis Study. J Bone Miner Res 19: 752–758., , , , , , ,Direct Link:
- 252001 Ethnic, socioeconomic, and lifestyle correlates of obesity in U.S. women: The Women's Health Initiative. Clin J Womens Health 1: 225–234., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 272003 Effect of long standing time on bone mineral density in middle-aged males. Asian Ocean J Radiol 8: 81–83., , , , ,
- 281995 Relationship of bone density with lifestyle and labor factors among middle-aged and elderly women in a rural community. Bull Phys Fit Res Inst 88: 98–103., , , , , ,