Dr. Cauley has received research support from Merck, Eli Lilly & Co., Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Procter & Gamble, and Novartis Pharmaceuticals. She has also received consulting fees from Novartis Pharmaceuticals. Dr. Genant has corporate appointments from Synarc; consulting fees from Merck, Eli Lilly & Co., Amgen, Servier, GlaxoSmithKline, and Roche and stock ownership from Synarc. Dr. Bauer has received research support from Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Amgen, and Procter & Gamble and honoraria from Merck and Roche. All other authors state that they have no conflicts of interest.
Risk Factors for Severity and Type of the Hip Fracture†
Article first published online: 29 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2009 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 24, Issue 5, pages 943–955, May 2009
How to Cite
Cauley, J. A., Lui, L.-Y., Genant, H. K., Salamone, L., Browner, W., Fink, H. A., Cohen, P., Hillier, T., Bauer, D. C. and Cummings, S. R. (2009), Risk Factors for Severity and Type of the Hip Fracture. J Bone Miner Res, 24: 943–955. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.081246
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 29 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 3 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Received: 16 JUL 2008
- 31980 Epidemiology of fractures of the proximal femur in Rochester, Minnesota. Clin Orthop Relat Res 163–171., , ,
- 41964 An epidemiologic study of cervical and trochanteric fractures of the femur in an urban population. Analysis of 1,664 cases with special reference to etiologic factors. Acta Orthop Scand Suppl 65 (Suppl 65): 61–109.
- 151991 Femoral neck fractures. In: BucholzRW, HeckmanJD (eds.) Rockwood and Green's Fractures in Adults. Lippincott Williams & Williams, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 1579–1634.
- 162001 Intertrochanteric fractures. In: BucholzRW, HeckmanJD (eds.) Rockwood and Green's Fractures in Adults vol. 2001. Lippincott Williams & Williams, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 1635–1663.
- 172004 Functional outcomes and mortality vary among different types of hip fractures: A function of patient characteristics. Clin Orthop Relat Res 64–71., , , ,
- 212000 Structural trends in the aging femoral neck and proximal shaft: Analysis of the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry data. J Bone Miner Res 15: 2297–2304., , , ,
- 291988 Anthropometric Standardization Reference Manual. Human Kinetics Publishers, Inc, Champaign, Illinois, 177., ,
- 341987 Epidemiology of age-related fractures. In: AvioliLV (ed.) The Osteoporotic Syndrome, 2nd ed. Grune and Stratton, New York, NY, USA, 1–30.,
- 452003 Relationship of measures of frailty to visual function: The Beaver Dam Eye Study. Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 101: 191–196., , ,