Sources of Variability in Bone Mineral Density Measurements: Implications for Study Design and Analysis of Bone Loss
Version of Record online: 1 JAN 1997
Copyright © 1997 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 124–135, January 1997
How to Cite
Nguyen, T. V., Sambrook, P. N. and Eisman, J. A. (1997), Sources of Variability in Bone Mineral Density Measurements: Implications for Study Design and Analysis of Bone Loss. J Bone Miner Res, 12: 124–135. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.1918.104.22.168
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 JAN 1997
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JUL 1996
- Manuscript Revised: 4 JUN 1996
- Manuscript Received: 26 FEB 1996
- 11991 Longitudinal precision of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry in a multicentre study J Bone Miner Res 6: 191–197.,
- 21995 Reproducibility of DXA absorptiometry: a model for bone loss estimates J Bone Miner Res 10: 1015–1024., , , ,
- 31986 Classical and Modern Regression with Applications. Duxbury Press, Belmont, CA, U.S.A., pp. 39–44.
- 41993 Prediction of osteoporotic fractures by postural instability and bone density Br Med J 307: 1111–1115., , , , , ,
- 51993 Bone density at various sites for prediction of hip fractures Lancet 341: 72–76., , , , , , , , ,
- 61987 Age and bone mass as predictors of fracture in a prospective studies J Clin Invest 81: 1804–1809., ,
- 71968 Introduction to linear model and the design and analysis of experiments. Duxbury Press, Belmont, CA, U.S.A., pp. 62–82.
- 81988 Interval estimates for correlation coefficients corrected for within-person variation: Implications for study design and hypothesis testing Am J Epidemiol 127: 377–386.,
- 91994 Femoral neck bone loss progresses in the elderly: Longitudinal findings from the Dubbo Osteoporosis Epidemiology Study Br Med J 309: 691–695., , , ,
- 101993 Prevention of corticosteroid osteoporosis: A comparison of calcium, calcitriol and calcitonin New Engl J Med 328: 1747–1752., , , , , ,
- 111986 The Design and Analysis of Clinical Experiments, Chapter 1. John Wiley and Sons, New York, NY, U.S.A.
- 121973 Planning a longitudinal study: II. Frequency of measurement and study duration J Chron Dis 26: 561–570.
- 13(SAS Institute Inc. 1990 SAS/STAT: User's Guides, Release 6.03. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, U.S.A., pp. 549–640.
- 141995 Hip and calcaneal bone loss increase with advancing age: Longitudinal results from the Study of Osteoporotic Fractures J Bone Miner Res 10: 1778–1787., , , , , , ,
- 151990 Correction of logistic regression relative risk estimates and confidence intervals for measurement error: The case of multiple covariates measured with error Am J Epidemiol 132: 734–745., ,
- 161989 An overview of issues related to the correction of non-differential exposure measurement error in epidemiologic studies Stat Med 8: 1031–1040.
- 171991 How independent are “independent” effects? Relative risk estimation when correlated exposures are measured imprecisely J Clin Epidemiol 44: 1223–1231.,
- 181990 Blood pressure, stroke and coronary heart disease. Part 1, prolonged differences in blood pressure: Prospective observational studies corrected for the regression dilution bias Lancet 335: 765–774., , , , , , , , ,