Biochemical Markers of Bone Resorption Compared with Estimates of Bone Resorption from Radiotracer Kinetic Studies in Osteoporosis
Version of Record online: 1 JAN 1997
Copyright © 1997 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 59–65, January 1997
How to Cite
Eastell, R., Colwell, A., Hampton, L. and Reeve, J. (1997), Biochemical Markers of Bone Resorption Compared with Estimates of Bone Resorption from Radiotracer Kinetic Studies in Osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res, 12: 59–65. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.19220.127.116.11
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 JAN 1997
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 AUG 1996
- Manuscript Revised: 2 AUG 1996
- Manuscript Received: 20 FEB 1996
- 11987 Estimation of whole body bone resorption rate: A comparison of urinary total hydroxyproline excretion with two radioisotopic tracer methods in osteoporosis Clin Chim Acta 166: 297–306., , , , , ,
- 21964 Correlation of urinary hydroxyproline, serum alkaline phosphatase and skeletal calcium turnover Metabolism 13: 272–284., , et al.
- 31993 Factors affecting the assay of urinary 3-hydroxy pyridinium crosslinks of collagen as markers of bone resorption Eur J Clin Invest 23: 341–349., ,
- 41964 Isotopic studies on collagen degradation and the urine excretion of hydroxyproline J Clin Invest 43: 543.
- 51988 Quantitative analysis of the pyridinium crosslinks of collagen in urine using ion-paired reversed-phase high-performancy liquid chromatography Analyt Biochem 169: 197–203., ,
- 61984 Quantitation of hydroxypyridinium crosslinks in collagen by high performance liquid chromatography Analyt Biochem 137: 380–388., ,
- 71983 Analysis of pyridinoline, a cross-linking compound of collagen fibers, in human urine J Biochem 94: 1133–1136., , , ,
- 81969 Measurements and models of skeletal metabolism. In: ComarCL, BronnerF (eds.) Mineral Metabolism: An Advanced Treatise. Calcium physiology, Vol 3. Academic Press, New York, NY, U.S.A., pp. 1–122.
- 91976 A new tracer method for the calculation of rates of bone formation and breakdown in osteoporosis and other generalised skeletal disorders Calcif Tissue Res 22: 191–206., ,
- 101991 hPTH 1–34 treatment of osteoporosis with added hormone replacement therapy: Biochemical, kinetic and histological responses Osteoporosis Int 1: 162–170., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 111979 A comparison of chromium sesquioxide and 51Cr-chromium chloride as inert markers in calcium balance studies Clin Sci 57: 89–92., , ,
- 121958 Calcium requirement and adaptation in adult men Scand J Clin Lab Invest 10: 1–289.
- 131987 The assessment of bone formation and bone resorption in osteoporosis: A comparison between tetracycline based iliac histomorphometry and whole body 85Sr kinetics J Bone Miner Res 2: 479–489., , , , , , ,
- 141983 Skeletal retention of 45Ca and 85Sr compared: Further studies on intravenously injected 85Sr as a tracer for skeletal calcium Calcif Tissue Int 35: 9–15., , ,
- 151976 A new method for calculating the accretion rate of bone calcium and some observations on the suitability of 85Sr as a tracer for bone calcium Calcif Tissue Res 20: 121–135., ,
- 161969 Bone turnover model based on a continuously expanding exchangeable calcium pool Nature 222: 140–148., , , ,
- 171993 Temporal variation in iliac trabecular bone formation in vertebral osteoporosis Calcif Tissue Int 52: 10–15., , , , , , ,
- 181987 Statistical Methods in Medical Research. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific Publications.,
- 191988 Bone formation rate in older normal women: Concurrent assessment with bone histomorphometry, calcium kinetics, and biochemical markers J Clin Endocrinol Metabol 67: 741–748., , , , ,
- 201985 Estimation of bone turnover evaluated by 47Ca-kinetics. Efficiency of bone gamma-carboxyglutamic acid-containing protein, serum alkaline phosphatase, and urinary hydroxyproline excretion J Clin Invest 76: 2254–2258., , ,
- 211992 Bone remodelling does not decline after menopause in vertebral fracture osteoporosis Bone Miner 17: 361–375., , , , , , ,
- 221990 Urinary collagen cross-links are highly correlated with radioisotopic measurements of bone resorption. In: ChristiansenC, OvergaardK (eds.) Osteoporosis 1990, Vol 2. Osteopress ApS, Copenhagen, Denmark, pp. 469–470., , , , , , ,
- 231991 Urinary excretion of pyridinoline crosslinks correlates with bone turnover measured on iliac crest biopsy in patients with vertebral osteoporosis J Bone Miner Res 6: 639–644., , , ,
- 241986 Normal and pathological remodeling of human trabecular bone: Three dimensional reconstruction of the remodeling sequence in normal and in metabolic bone disease Endocrinol Rev 7: 379–407.
- 251992 Total 24-hour pyridinium crosslink excretion correlates with cancellous bone resorption rate Bone Miner 17: 139., , , , ,
- 261958 Variations within individuals in human biology Human Biol 30: 210–218.
- 271987 Bone turnover and balance evaluated by a combined calcium balance and 47Ca kinetic study and dynamic histomorphometry Metabolism 36: 1118–1124., , , ,
- 281976 The actions of parathyroid hormone on bone: Relation to bone remodeling and turnover, calcium homeostasis and metabolic bone disease: I. Mechanisms of calcium transfer between blood and bone and their cellular basis: Morphological and kinetic approaches to bone turnover Metabolism 25: 809–844.
- 291974 Absolute and relative deficit in total skeletal calcium and radial bone mineral in osteoporosis J Nuclear Med 15: 428–435., , , , ,