Bone Mineral Density in Girls with Forearm Fractures
Version of Record online: 1 JAN 1998
Copyright © 1998 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 13, Issue 1, pages 143–148, January 1998
How to Cite
Goulding, A., Cannan, R., Williams, S. M., Gold, E. J., Taylor, R. W. and Lewis-Barned, N. J. (1998), Bone Mineral Density in Girls with Forearm Fractures. J Bone Miner Res, 13: 143–148. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.1918.104.22.168
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 JAN 1998
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 AUG 1997
- Manuscript Revised: 28 JUL 1997
- Manuscript Received: 19 MAY 1997
- 11994 Reduced bone density in women with fractures: Contribution of low peak bone density and rapid bone loss Osteoporos Int 4(Suppl 1):15–25.
- 21995 Osteoporosis as a pediatric problem Pediatr Clin North Am 42:811–824.,
- 31962 Epidemiology of fractures of the forearm: A biomechanical investigation of bone strength J Bone Joint Surg Am 44:105–114.,
- 41983 Fracture patterns in children Acta Orthop Scand Suppl 202:1–109.
- 51988 Epidemiology of distal forearm fractures in Danish children Acta Orthop Scand 59:557–559.,
- 61989 Epidemiology of fractures of the distal end of the radius in children as associated with growth J Bone Joint Surg Am 71:1225–1231., , , ,
- 71989 Colles' fracture and bone density of the ultradistal radius J Bone Miner Res 4:607–613., , , , ,
- 81993 Bone density at various sites for prediction of hip fractures Lancet 341:72–75., , , , , , , , ,
- 91996 Meta-analysis of how well measures of bone mineral density predict occurrence of osteoporotic fractures Br Med J 312:1254–1259., ,
- 101996 Editorial: Skeletal development and bone turnover revisited J Clin Endocrinol Metab 81:2013–2016.
- 111983 Bone mineral content in children with fractures Clin Orthop 178:292–296.,
- 121984 Bone mineral status in childhood accidental fractures Am J Dis Child 138:569–570., , ,
- 131991 Lactose malabsorption and calcium intake as risk factors for osteoporosis in elderly New Zealand women N Z Med J 104:417–419., , ,
- 141980 Adolescents' self-assessment of sexual maturation Pediatrics 66:918–920., ,
- 15National Health and Medical Research Council, 1990 Recommended Dietary Intakes for Use in Australia. Canberra Australian Government Publishing Service, Canberra, Australia.
- 161993 Type of fall and risk of hip and wrist fractures: The study of osteoporotic fractures J Am Geriatr Soc 41:1226–1234.,
- 171974 Loss of bone mineral after Colles' fracture Clin Orthop Rel Res 102:194–199.
- 181992 Earlier wrist fracture: A confounding factor in distal forearm bone screening Osteoporos Int 2:201–204., , , ,
- 191995 Longitudinal assessment of bone mineral density in children with asthma Annals Allergy 75:143–148., , , ,
- 201995 Cross-sectional study of bone density in asthmatic children Pediatr Pulmonol 20:189–192., , , ,
- 211994 The two faces of growth: Benefits and risks to bone integrity Osteoporos Int 4:382–398.
- 221994 Distal radius fracture is an early sign of general osteoporosis: Bone mass measurements in a population-based sample Osteoporos Int 4:357–361.,
- 231989 Baseline measurements of bone mass predict fracture in white women Ann Intern Med 111:355–361., ,
- 241989 Unequal decrease in bone density of lumbar spine and ultradistal radius in Colles' and vertebral fracture syndromes J Clin Invest 83:168–174., , , , ,
- 251993 Predicting various fractures in women by forearm bone densitometry: A follow-up study Calcif Tissue Int 52:348–353., , ,
- 261994 Distal forearm fracture as a risk for vertebral osteoporosis Br Med J 308:1543–1544., , ,
- 271995 Genetic influences on bone turnover, bone density and fracture Eur J Endocrinol 133:265–271., , , ,
- 281997 Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and bone density in prepubertal American girls of Mexican descent N Engl J Med 337:77–82., , , , ,
- 291997 Vitamin D-receptor genotypes and bone density N Engl J Med 337:125–126.
- 301993 Predictors of axial and peripheral bone mineral density in healthy children, with special attention to the role of puberty J Pediatr 123:863–870., , , , ,
- 311992 Calcium supplementation and increases in bone mineral density in children N Engl J Med 327:82–87., , , , ,
- 321993 Calcium supplementation and bone mineral density in adolescent girls JAMA 270:841–844., , , , , , , ,
- 331995 A randomized double-blind controlled calcium supplementation trial, and bone and height acquisition in children Br J Nutr 74:125–139., , , , ,
- 341995 Influence of spontaneous calcium intake and physical exercise on the vertebral and femoral bone mineral density of children and adolescents J Bone Miner Res 10:675–682., ,
- 351991 Role of physical activity in the development of skeletal mass in children J Bone Miner Res 11:1227–1233., , , ,
- 361995 Effect of starting age of physical activity on bone mass in the dominant arm of tennis and squash players Ann Intern Med 123:27–31., , , , , , ,
- 371991 Spinal bone mineral density in 335 normal and obese children and adolescents: Evidence for ethnic and sex differences J Bone Miner Res 6:507–513., , ,
- 381995 Study of lumbar spine bone mineral density in obese children Acta Paediatr 84:313–315., ,
- 391992 Risk factors for fractures of the distal forearm and proximal humerus Am J Epidemiol 135:477–489., , , ,