Hip Fracture Prediction in Elderly Men and Women: Validation in the Rotterdam Study
Article first published online: 27 OCT 2009
Copyright © 1998 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 13, Issue 10, pages 1587–1593, October 1998
How to Cite
De Laet, C. E. D. H., Van Hout, B. A., Burger, H., Weel, A. E. A. M., Hofman, A. and Pols, H. A. P. (1998), Hip Fracture Prediction in Elderly Men and Women: Validation in the Rotterdam Study. J Bone Miner Res, 13: 1587–1593. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.19220.127.116.117
- Issue published online: 27 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 27 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 JUN 1998
- Manuscript Revised: 11 MAY 1998
- Manuscript Received: 17 DEC 1997
- 11993 Hip fracture: A worldwide problem today and tomorrow Bone 14:S1–S8.
- 21995 The burden of osteoporosis: Cost Am J Med 98:9S–11S.
- 31996 [Costs due to osteoporosis-induced fractures in The Netherlands: Possibilities for cost control.] [Dutch] Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 140:1684–1688., , ,
- 41993 Bone density at various sites for prediction of hip fractures. The Study Osteoporosis Fractures Res Group Lancet 341:72–75., , , , , , , , ,
- 5Anonymous 1993 Consensus development conference: Diagnosis, prophylaxis, and treatment of osteoporosis Am J Med 94:646–650.
- 61994 Assessment of fracture risk and its application to screening for menopausal osteoporosis: Synopsis of a WHO report Osteoporos Int 4:368–381.
- 71996 Evaluation of the risk of hip fracture Bone 18:127S–132S.,
- 81996 Meta-analysis of how well measures of bone mineral density predict occurrence of osteoporotic fractures BMJ 312:1254–1259., ,
- 91997 Bone density and risk of hip fracture in men and women: Cross sectional analysis BMJ 315:221–225., , , ,
- 101991 Determinants of desease and disability in the elderly: The Rotterdam Elderly Study Eur J Epidemiol 7:403–422., , ,
- 111994 The association between age and bone mineral density in men and women aged 55 years and over: The Rotterdam Study Bone Miner 25:1–13., , , , , , , , ,
- 121994 Universal standardization for dual X-ray absorptiometry: Patient and phantom cross-calibration results J Bone Miner Res 9:1503–1514., , , , , , ,
- 131996 Nursing home residence and risk of hip fracture Am J Epidemiol 143:1191–1194.
- 141996 The risks of hip fracture in older people from private homes and institutions Age Ageing 25:381–385., , , ,
- 151996 Risk factors for osteoporotic fractures in elderly men Am J Epidemiol 144:255–263., , ,
- 161998 Risk factors for increased bone loss in an elderly population: The Rotterdam Study Am J Epidemiol 147:871–879., , , , , ,
- 171994 Progressive loss of bone in the femoral neck in elderly people: Longitudinal findings from the Dubbo osteoporosis epidemiology study BMJ 309:691–695., , , ,
- 181992 Appendicular bone mineral and a woman's lifetime risk of hip fracture J Bone Miner Res 7:639–646., ,
- 191996 Osteoporosis in the Netherlands: A burden of illness study, Institute for Medical Technology Assessment, Rotterdam, The Netherlands., ,
- 201996 International comparison of hip fracture rates in 1988–89 Osteoporos Int 6:69–75., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 211995 Dual X-ray absorptiometry of the proximal femur: Normal European values standardized with the European Spine Phantom J Bone Miner Res 10:315–324., , et al.
- 221997 Population-based geographic variations in DXA bone density in Europe: The EVOS Study Osteoporos Int 7:175–189., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 231995 Prevalence of low femoral bone density in older U.S. women from NHANES III J Bone Miner Res 10:796–802., , , , , , ,