Presented in part at the 19th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A, September, 1997 (J Bone Miner Res 1997;12 [Suppl]:S130).
Prediction of Vertebral and Femoral Strength In Vitro by Bone Mineral Density Measured at Different Skeletal Sites†
Version of Record online: 1 SEP 1998
Copyright © 1998 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 13, Issue 9, pages 1439–1443, September 1998
How to Cite
Cheng, X. G., Lowet, G., Boonen, S., Nicholson, P. H. F., Van Der Perre, G. and Dequeker, J. (1998), Prediction of Vertebral and Femoral Strength In Vitro by Bone Mineral Density Measured at Different Skeletal Sites. J Bone Miner Res, 13: 1439–1443. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.19188.8.131.529
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 SEP 1998
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 MAY 1998
- Manuscript Revised: 30 APR 1998
- Manuscript Received: 1 DEC 1997
- 11975 The loss of bone mineral with aging and its relationship to risk of fracture J Clin Invest 56:311–318., ,
- 21990 Appendicular bone density and age predict hip fracture in women JAMA 263:665–668., , , , , , , , , ,
- 31991 Which fractures are associated with low appendicular bone mass in elderly woman? Ann Intern Med 115:837–842., , , , ,
- 41992 Axial and appendicular bone density predict fractures in older women J Bone Miner Res 7:633–638., , , , ,
- 51993 Long-term fracture prediction by bone mineral assessed at different sites J Bone Miner Res 8:1227–1233., , , ,
- 61996 Noninvasive assessment of bone mineral and structure: State of the art J Bone Miner Res 11:707–730., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 71993 Bone density at various sites for prediction of hip fractures Lancet 341:72–75., , , , , , , , ,
- 81990 Interrelationships among bone densitometry sites in normal young women Bone Miner 11:347–356.,
- 9WHO 1994 Assessment of fracture risk and its application to screening for postmenopausal osteoporosis: A report of a WHO study group, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 101995 Age-related reductions in the strength of the femur tested in a fall-loading configuration J Bone Joint Surg 77A:387–395., , ,
- 111995 Ultrasound and densitometry of the calcaneus correlate with the failure loads of cadaveric femurs Calcif Tissue Int 56:99–103., ,
- 121997 Assessment of the strength of the proximal femur in vitro: Relationship with femoral bone mineral density and femoral geometry Bone 20:213–218., , , , , ,
- 131994 In-vitro relationships between vertebral body density, size and compressive strength in the elderly thoracolumbar spine Clin Biomech 9:180–186., , , ,
- 141995 Prediction of thoracic and lumbar vertebral body compressive strength: Correlations with bone mineral density and vertebral region Bone 17:167–174., , , ,
- 151997 Prediction of vertebral strength in-vitro by calcaneal ultrasound and spinal bone densitometry J Bone Miner Res 12:1721–1728., , , , , , ,
- 161995 Influence of degenerative joint disease on spinal bone mineral measurements in posmenopausal women Calcif Tissue Int 57:169–174., , , , , ,
- 171996 Facet joint osteoarthritis and bone density measurements Osteoporos Int 6:S90., , , ,
- 181996 Prevalent vertebral deformities: Relationship to bone mineral density and spinal osteophytosis in elderly men and women Osteoporos Int 6:233–239., , , , ,
- 191996 The influence of aortic calcification on bone mineral density in vitro Calcif Tissue Int 59:21–23., , , , ,
- 201993 Prediction of osteoporotic fractures by postural instability and bone density BMJ 307:1111–1115., , , , , ,
- 211996 Prediction of fracture load at different skeletal sites by geometric properties of the cortical shell J Bone Miner Res 11:1356–1363., ,
- 221994 Assessment of quality of bone in osteoporosis-BIOMED I: Fundamental study of relevant bone Clin Rheumatol 13 (Suppl 1):7–12.
- 231997 Assessment of the strength of the proximal femur in vitro: Relationship with ultrasonic measurements of the calcaneus Bone 20:219–224., , , , ,
- 241972 Schaum's Outline of Theory and Problems of Statistics, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, NY, U.S.A., pp. 264.
- 251993 Bone mass measurement: Prediction of risk Am J Med 95(5A):65–105.
- 261994 Evidence for both generalized and regional low bone mass among elderly women J Bone Miner Res 9:305–309., ,
- 271995 Should BMD be measured at multiple sites to predict fracture risk in elderly women? J Bone Miner Res 10:S7., , , , ,