Vertebral Bone Mass, Size, and Volumetric Density in Women with Spinal Fractures
Article first published online: 1 OCT 1999
Copyright © 1999 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 14, Issue 10, pages 1796–1802, October 1999
How to Cite
Duan, Y., Parfitt, A. M. and Seeman, E. (1999), Vertebral Bone Mass, Size, and Volumetric Density in Women with Spinal Fractures. J Bone Miner Res, 14: 1796–1802. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.19220.127.116.116
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 1 OCT 1999
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JUN 1999
- Manuscript Revised: 20 MAY 1999
- Manuscript Received: 2 DEC 1998
- 11995 Vertebral size in elderly women with osteoporosis J Clin Invest 95:2332–2337., , , , ,
- 21994 Normalization of spine densitometry J Bone Miner Res 9:541–548., , ,
- 31998 Bone mineral density and bone size in men with primary osteoporosis and vertebral fractures Calcif Tissue Int 62:465–469., , , , ,
- 41988 Sex differences in age related remodelling of the femur and tibia J Orthop Res 6:886–896.,
- 51988 Prediction of the compressive strength of vertebral bodies of the lumbar spine by quantitative computed tomography Skel Radiol 17:264–269., ,
- 61992 New approaches for interpreting projected bone densitometry data J Bone Miner Res 7:137–145., ,
- 71996 Bone mass, areal and, tric bone density are equally accurate, sensitive, and specific surrogates of the breaking strength of the vertebral body: an in vitro study J Bone Miner Res 11:1981–1988., , , ,
- 81989 Reduced bone mass in the daughters of women with osteoporosis N Engl J Med 320:554–558., , , , ,
- 91972 In vivo measurement of bone mass: Its use in demineralized states such as osteoporosis JAMA 219:325–329., ,
- 101975 The loss of bone mineral with aging and its relationship to risk of fracture J Clin Invest 56:311–318., ,
- 111977 Some problems in measuring the amount of bone by histologic methods. In: MeunierPJ (ed.) Bone Histomorphometry: Second International Workshop. Armour Montagu, Paris, France, pp. 103–110.
- 121997 Genetic effects on bone mass and turnover-relevance to black/white differences J Am Coll Nutr 16:325–333.
- 131997 Ex vivo estimation of thoracolumbar vertebral body compressive strength: The relative contributions of bone densitometry and vertebral morphometry Osteoporos Int 7:142–148., , , ,
- 141967 Relationship of vertebral size to fracture in osteoporotic spines Henry Ford Hosp Med J 15:101–106.,
- 151995 Vertebral dimension measurements improve prediction of vertebral fracture incidence Bone 16:257S–262S., , ,
- 161998 Differential effects of bone mineral content and bone area on vertebral strength in a swine model Calcif Tissue Int 63:86–90., , , , ,
- 171990 Continuing periosteal apposition. I. Documentation, Hypotheses, Interpretation Am J Phys Anthropol 82:451–472.
- 181973 Keynote address: Problems in metabolic bone disease. In: FrameB, ParfittAM, DuncanH (eds.) Clinical Aspects of Metabolic Bone Disease. Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, pp. 1–7.
- 191992 Osteoporosis as a pediatric disease: Role of calcium and heredity J Rheumatol 19(Suppl 33):54–59.
- 201970 The earlier gain and later loss of cortical bone. Nutritional Perspective. C.C. Thomas, Springfield, IL, U.S.A, pp. 3–120.
- 211994 Diagnostic value of estimated, tric bone mineral density of the lumbar spine in osteoporosis J Bone Miner Res 9:317–320.,
- 22the Study of Osteoporotic Fractures Research Group 1994 Does estimating, volumetric bone density of the femoral neck improve the prediction of hip fracture? A prospective study J Bone Miner Res 9:1429–1432., , , , ,