This work was presented in part in abstract form at the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research meeting in September 1997 and at the American Society of Nephrology in December 1997.
Increased Risk of Fracture in Patients Receiving Solid Organ Transplants†
Version of Record online: 1 MAR 1999
Copyright © 1999 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 14, Issue 3, pages 456–463, March 1999
How to Cite
Ramsey-Goldman, R., Dunn, J. E., Dunlop, D. D., Stuart, F. P., Abecassis, M. M., Kaufman, D. B., Langman, C. B., Salinger, M. H. and Sprague, S. M. (1999), Increased Risk of Fracture in Patients Receiving Solid Organ Transplants. J Bone Miner Res, 14: 456–463. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.19220.127.116.116
- Issue online: 2 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 MAR 1999
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 OCT 1998
- Manuscript Revised: 7 OCT 1998
- Manuscript Received: 22 JUN 1998
- 11996 Immunosuppressants: Cellular and molecular mechanisms of action Am J Kidney Dis 28:159–172., ,
- 21996 Pharmacology of immunosuppressive medications used in renal diseases and transplantation Am J Kidney Dis 28:631–667., ,
- 3FK506 Kidney Transplant Study Group 1997 A comparison of tacrolimus (FK506) and cyclosporine for immunosuppression after cadaveric renal transplantation Transplantation 63:977–983., , , , ,
- 41996 Post-transplantation bone disease: the role of immunosuppressive agents and the skeleton J Bone Miner Res 11:1–7.
- 51994 Osteoporosis and bone morbidity in cardiac transplant recipients Am J Med 96:35–41., , , , , , , ,
- 61993 Osteoporosis after cardiac transplantation Am J Med 94:257–264., , , , ,
- 71992 Cyclosporine A and prednisone-associated osteoporosis in heart transplant recipients J Heart Lung Transplant 11:950–958., , ,
- 81996 Fracture after cardiac transplantation. A prospective longitudinal study J Clin Endocrinol Metab 81:1740–1746., , , , , , , , ,
- 91996 Long-term bone loss in kidney transplant recipients: A cross-sectional and longitudinal study Am J Kidney Dis 28:105–114., , , , ,
- 101994 Bone fracture and osteodensitometry with dual energy x-ray absorptiometry in kidney transplant recipients Transplantation 58:912–915., , , , ,
- 111994 Bone loss after orthotopic liver transplantation Am J Med 97:445–450., , , , ,
- 121991 Bone disease in liver transplant recipients: Incidence, timing, and risk factors Transplant Proc 23:1462–1465., , , , , ,
- 131991 Bone loss after liver transplantation Hepatology 14:613–619., , , , , ,
- 141994 Bone fractures in liver transplant patients Br J Rheumatol 33:52–55., , , , , , ,
- 151991 Rates of vertebral bone loss before and after liver transplantation in women with primary biliary cirrhosis Hepatology 14:296–300., , , , , , , ,
- 161996 Prevention of bone loss in cardiac transplant recipients Transplantation 61:1495–1499., , , , ,
- 171997 Bone loss and turnover after cardiac transplantation J Clin Endocrinol Metab 82:1497–1506., , , , , , , , , ,
- 181998 Analysis of fracture prevalence in kidney-pancreas allograft recipients J Am Soc Nephrol 9:677–683., , , , ,
- 191997 Fractures attributable to osteoporosis: Report from the National Osteoporosis Foundation J Bone Miner Res 12:16–23., , , , , , , , ,
- 20National Center for Health Statistics 1994 National Health Interview Survey, 1994. CD ROM Series 10, Ed. V, No. 9 SETS version 1.21a. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC, U.S.A.
- 21National Center for Health Statistics 1989 Design and Estimation for the National Health Interview Survey, 1985–94. DHHS Publication No. (PHS) 89–1384, Ed. V. Vital and Health Statistics, Series 2 (110). U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC, U.S.A.
- 22Statistical Methods in Epidemiology. Monographs in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Ed. V, No. 12. Oxford University Press, New York, NY, U.S.A., pp. 100.,
- 231988 Bone mineral metabolism in human type 1 (insulin dependent) diabetes mellitus Dan Med Bull 35:109–121.
- 241991 Diabetic bone disease Calcif Tissue Int 49:155–160.
- 251994 Bone, acid, and osteoporosis N Engl J Med 330:1821–1822.,
- 261994 Bone loss and turnover in patients with liver transplantation Hepatogastroenterology 41:158–161., , , , , , ,