Part of this study was presented at The Second International Conference on Osteoporosis, Osaka, Japan, November 1997.
Effect of Bisphosphonate (Incadronate) on Fracture Healing of Long Bones in Rats†
Version of Record online: 1 JUN 1999
Copyright © 1999 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 14, Issue 6, pages 969–979, June 1999
How to Cite
Li, J., Mori, S., Kaji, Y., Mashiba, T., Kawanishi, J. and Norimatsu, H. (1999), Effect of Bisphosphonate (Incadronate) on Fracture Healing of Long Bones in Rats. J Bone Miner Res, 14: 969–979. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.1922.214.171.1249
- Issue online: 2 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 JUN 1999
- Manuscript Revised: 26 JAN 1999
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JAN 1999
- Manuscript Received: 16 JUN 1998
- 11991 Bisphosphonates: Pharmacology and use in the treatment of tumor-induced hypercalcaemic and metastatic bone disease Drugs 42:919–944.
- 21997 Bisphosphonates in Bone Disease, 3rd Ed. The Parthenon Publishing Group, New York, NY, U.S.A.
- 31994 Clodronate: A review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy in resorptive bone disease Drugs 47:945–982.,
- 41974 Disphosphonates in Paget's disease Lancet 1:894–898., , , ,
- 51990 Effect of intermittent cyclical etidronate therapy on bone mass and fracture rate in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis N Engl J Med 322:1265–1271., , , ,
- 61993 New bisphosphonates in osteoporosis Osteoporos Int 3(Suppl 2):S15–S22.
- 71996 Comparison of three intravenous regimens of clodronate in Paget disease of bone J Bone Miner Res 11:178–182., , , , , , ,
- 81990 Intermittent cyclical etidronate treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis N Engl J Med 323:73–79., , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 91996 Randomised trial of effect of alendronate on risk of fracture in women with existing vertebral fractures Lancet 348:1535–1541., , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 101991 Pamidronate: A review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy in resorptive bone disease Drugs 41:289–318.,
- 111985 Etidronate and risk of fractures Lancet 1:1393.
- 121994 Effect of clodronate on fracture healing in denervated rats Bone 15:701–705., , , , ,
- 131993 Clodronate increases the calcium content in fracture callus Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 112:228–231., ,
- 141996 Healing of a tibial double osteotomy is modified by clodronate administration: An experimental study Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 115:111–114., , ,
- 151993 Effect of two bisphosphonates (tiludronate and etidronate) on bone healing J Bone Miner Res 8:S236., , , ,
- 161981 The long term skeletal effects of EHDP in dogs Metab Bone Dis Rel Res 3:289–300., , , , ,
- 171985 Effect of EHDP on fracture healing in dogs J Orthop Res 3:499–507., , ,
- 181996 Effect of alendronate on fracture healing and bone remodeling in dogs J Orthop Res 14:74–79., , , , ,
- 191978 The biology of fracture healing in long bones J Bone Joint Surg 60B:150–162.
- 201994 Histologic and ultrastructural features of fracture healing. In: BrightonCT, FriedlaenderGE, LaneJM (eds.) Bone Regeneration and Repair, 1st Ed. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Rosemont, IL, U.S.A., pp. 117–146.,
- 211998 The cell and molecular biology of fracture healing Clin Orthop 355S:S7–S21.
- 221990 Internal remodeling of periosteal new bone during fracture healing J Orthop Res 8:238–246., , ,
- 231989 Neutral protein-degrading enzymes in experimental fracture callus: A preliminary report J Orthop Res 7:792–805., , , , ,
- 241980 A biomechanical study of the effects of growth hormone in experimental fracture healing J Bone Joint Surg 62B:391–396., ,
- 251998 Histomorphometry of distraction osteogenesis in a caprine tibial lengthening model J Bone Miner Res 13:1–9., , ,
- 261995 Pharmacokinetics of YM175, a new bisphosphonate, in rats and dogs Drug Metab Dispos 23:1214–1219., ,
- 271996 Bisphosphonates act on osteoblastic cell and inhibit osteoclast formation in mouse marrow cultures Bone 18:9–14., , , , , , ,
- 281996 Inhibitory effects of bisphosphonate (YM-175) on bone resorption induced by a metastatic bone tumor Bone 18:1–7., , , ,
- 291998 Preadministration of incadronate disodium can prevent bone loss in rat proximal tibial metaphysis when induced by hindlimb immobilization by bandage Bone 23:459–463., , , , , , ,
- 301988 The biology of fracture healing Clin Orthop 248:283–309.
- 311995 A possible mechanism of the specific action of bisphosphonates on osteoclasts: Tiludronate preferentially affects polarized osteoclasts having ruffled borders Bone 17:137–144., , , , , , , ,
- 321990 Effects of bisphosphonates on isolated rat osteoclasts as examined by reflected light microscopy J Bone Miner Res 5:31–40.,
- 331989 Inhibition of osteoclast-like cell formation by bisphosphonates in long-term culture of human bone marrow J Clin Invest 83:1930–1935., , ,
- 341998 Bisphosphonates: mechanisms of action Endocr Rev 19:80–100.
- 351994 Use of a bisphosphonate (pamidronate) to modulate fracture repair in ovine bone Ann Oncol 5(Suppl 7):S53–S55., , , ,
- 361995 Effects of the bisphosphonate YM175 on bone mineral density, strength, structure, and turnover in ovariectomized beagles on concomitant dietary calcium restriction J Bone Miner Res 10:910–920., , , , , ,
- 371973 Effect of ethane-1-hydroxy-1,1-diphosphonate (EHDP) and dichloromethylene diphosphonate (Cl2MDP) on the calcification and resorption of cartilage and bone in the tibial epiphysis and metaphysis of rats Calcif Tissue Res 11:196–214., , , ,
- 381984 Stiffness and strength of fracture callus Clin Orthop 182:278–288., , ,
- 391991 The effect of growth hormone on fracture healing in old rats Bone 12:151–154.,
- 401992 Standardization of tibial fractures in the rat Bone 13:289–295.,
- 411994 Intramembranous and endochondral bone changes induced by a new bisphosphonate (YM175) in the beagle dog Toxicol Pathol 22:536–544., , , ,
- 421998 Bisphosphonates stimulate formation of osteoblast precursors and nodules in murine and human bone marrow cultures in vitro and promote early osteoblastogenesis in young and aged mice in vivo Bone 22:455–461., , , , ,
- 431984 The cellular basis of bone remodeling: The quantum concept reexamined in light of recent advances in the cell biology of bone Calcif Tissue Int 36:S37–S45.
- 441989 In situ localization of collagen production by chondrocytes and osteoblasts in fracture callus J Bone Joint Surg 71A:69–77., , , ,
- 451988 Enhanced expression of TGF-beta and c-fos mRNAs in the growth plates of developing human long bones Development 102:461–470., , , ,
- 461987 Deregulated c-fos expression interferes with normal bone development in transgenic mice Nature 325:412–416., , , ,
- 471996 Growth factors for bone growth and repair: IGF, TGF beta and BMP Bone 19(Suppl 1):S1–S12., ,
- 481995 Facilitation and suppression of bone metastasis Clin Orthop 312:34–44.,
- 491989 Current concepts of fracture healing Clin Orthop 249:265–284.
- 501982 Influence of age on mechanical properties of healing fractures and intact bones in rats Acta Orthop Scand 53:527–534., ,
- 511992 Retention of etidronate in human, dog and rat J Bone Miner Res 7:513–522.,
- 521992 Effects of dose, sex, and age on the disposition of alendronate, a potent antiosteolytic bisphosphonate, in rats Drug Metab Dispos 20:473–478., ,