Hormone Replacement Therapy Prevents Osteoclastic Hyperactivity: A Histomorphometric Study in Early Postmenopausal Women
Article first published online: 1 JUL 1999
Copyright © 1999 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 14, Issue 7, pages 1217–1221, July 1999
How to Cite
Eriksen, E. F., Langdahl, B., Vesterby, A., Rungby, J. and Kassem, M. (1999), Hormone Replacement Therapy Prevents Osteoclastic Hyperactivity: A Histomorphometric Study in Early Postmenopausal Women. J Bone Miner Res, 14: 1217–1221. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.1918.104.22.1687
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 1 JUL 1999
- Manuscript Revised: 29 DEC 1998
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 DEC 1998
- Manuscript Received: 22 APR 1998
- 11986 Estrogen/progestogen as a prophylactic treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis Acta Pharmacol Toxicol Copenh 59(Suppl 7):305–310.
- 21985 Long-term estrogen replacement therapy prevents bone loss and fractures Ann Intern Med 102:319–324., ,
- 31987 Long term effect of oestrogen replacement therapy on bone mass as measured by dual photon absorptiometry Br Med J Clin Res Ed 294:1261–1262., ,
- 41992 Treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis with transdermal estrogen [see comments] Ann Intern Med 117:1–9., , , , , , , ,
- 51989 A randomized study on the effects of estrogen/gestagen or high dose oral calcium on trabecular bone remodeling in postmenopausal osteoporosis Bone 10:313–320., , , , ,
- 61990 Cancellous bone remodeling in type I (postmenopausal) osteoporosis: Quantitative assessment of rates of formation resorption, and bone loss at tissue and cellular levels [see comments] J Bone Miner Res 5:311–319., , , , ,
- 71991 A new method for measuring cancellous bone erosion depth: Application to the cellular mechanisms of bone loss in postmenopausal osteoporosis [see comments] J Bone Miner Res 6:1331–1338., , ,
- 81987 Bone histomorphometry: Standardization of nomenclature symbols, and units. Report of the ASBMR Histomorphometry Nomenclature Committee J Bone Miner Res 2:595–610., , , , , , ,
- 91986 Normal and pathological remodeling of human trabecular bone: Three dimensional reconstruction of the remodeling sequence in normals and in metabolic bone disease Endocr Rev 7:379–408.
- 101993 Star volume in bone research. A histomorphometric analysis of trabecular bone structure using vertical sections Anat Rec 235:325–334.
- 111988 Static and tetracycline based histomorphometric data from 34 normal postmenopausal females J Bone Miner Res 3:133–144., , , , ,
- 121984 The cellular basis of bone remodeling: The quantum concept reexamined in light of recent advances in the cell biology of bone Calcif Tissue Int 36(Suppl 1):S37–S45.
- 131996 A new model for the regulation of bone resorption, with particular reference to the effects of bisphosphonates J Bone Miner Res 11:150–159., , , ,
- 141996 Estrogen promotes apoptosis of murine osteoclasts mediated by TGF–beta Nat Med 2:1132–1136., , , , ,
- 151985 Placebo therapy for postmenopausal osteoporosis Calcif Tissue Int 37:6–13., ,
- 161998 A unitary model for involutional osteoporosis: Estrogen deficiency causes both type I and type II osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and contributes to bone loss in aging men J Bone Miner Res 13:763–773., ,
- 171996 Effects of hormone replacement therapy on cancellous bone microstructure in postmenopausal women Bone 19:69–72., , ,
- 181995 Unbiased estimation of vertebral trabecular connectivity in calcium-restricted ovariectomized minipigs Bone 16:637–642., , , , , ,