Letter to the Editor
Have the DXA-Based Exercise Studies Seriously Underestimated the Effects of Mechanical Loading on Bone?
Article first published online: 1 SEP 1999
Copyright © 1999 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 14, Issue 9, pages 1634–1635, September 1999
How to Cite
Järvinen, T. L. N., Kannus, P. and Sievänen, H. (1999), Have the DXA-Based Exercise Studies Seriously Underestimated the Effects of Mechanical Loading on Bone?. J Bone Miner Res, 14: 1634–1635. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.19126.96.36.1994
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 1 SEP 1999
- 11999 Site-specific effects of strength training on bone structure and geometry of ultradistal radius in postmenopausal women J Bone Miner Res 14:120–124., , , ,
- 21998 Randomized controlled study of effects of sudden impact loading on rat femur J Bone Miner Res 13:1475–1482., , , , ,
- 31998 Exercise for female osteoporosis: A systematic review of randomised clinical trials Sports Med 25:359–368.
- 41997 Indirect way to estimate peak joint loads in life and in skeletal remains Anat Rec 248:475–483.
- 51998 Peripheral quantitative computed tomography in human long bones: Evaluation of in vitro and in vivo precision J Bone Miner Res 13:871–882., , , , ,