The Contribution of Trabecular Architecture to Cancellous Bone Quality
Article first published online: 1 JAN 2000
Copyright © 2000 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 15, Issue 1, pages 20–23, January 2000
How to Cite
Dempster, D. W. (2000), The Contribution of Trabecular Architecture to Cancellous Bone Quality. J Bone Miner Res, 15: 20–23. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.2000.15.1.20
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 1 JAN 2000
- 1NIH Consensus Development Conference: Diagnosis, prophylaxis and treatment of osteoporosis. Am J Med 94:646–650.
- 22000 Trabecular bone microarchitecture, bone mineral density, and vertebral fractures in men with osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res 15:646–650 13–19., , , , , , ,
- 31991 A new manual method for assessing two dimensional cancellous bone structure: comparison between iliac crest and lumbar vertebra. J Bone Miner Res 6:689–696., , , ,
- 41997 Effect of calcium and vitamin D supplementation on bone density in men and women 65 years of age or older. N Engl J Med 337:670–676., , ,
- 5PROOF Study Group 1998 Salmon calcitonin nasal spray (NS-CT) reduces risk of vertebral fracture(s) (VF) in established osteoporosis and has continuous efficacy with prolonged treatment; Accrued 5 year worldwide data of the PROOF study. J Bone Miner 23(Suppl):S174 (abstract)., , , , , , , ,
- 61999 Reduction of vertebral fracture risk in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis treated with raloxifene: Results from a 3-year randomized clinical trial. Multiple Outcomes of Raloxifene Evaluation (MORE) Investigators. JAMA 282:637–645., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 71991 Use of bisphosphonates in the prevention of bone loss and fractures. Am J Med 91(Suppl 5B):42S–46S.
- 81988 Age-related changes in vertebral trabecular bone architecture—assessed by a new method. Bone 9:247–250.
- 91998 Technol Health Care 6:391–401., , , , ,
- 101999 The ability of three-dimensional structural indices to reflect mechanical aspects of trabecular bone. Bone 25:55–60., , ,
- 111999 Tissue stresses and strain in trabeculae of a canine proximal femur can be quantified from computer reconstructions. J Biomech 32:443–451., , , ,
- 121999 Calibration of trabecular bone structure measurements of in vivo three-dimensional peripheral quantitative computed tomography with 28-μm-resolution microcomputed tomography. Bone 24:35–39.,
- 131998 A review of magnetic resonance (MR) imaging of trabecular bone micro-architecture: contribution to the prediction of biomechanical properties and fracture prevalence. Technol Health Care 6:321–327.
- 141999 Advanced imaging of bone macro and micro structure. Bone 25:149–152., , , , ,
- 151995 In vivo, three-dimensional microscopy of trabecular bone. J Bone Miner Res 10:264–270., ,
- 161998 A comparative study of trabecular bone properties in the spine and femur using high resolution MRI and CT. J Bone Miner Res 13:122–132., , , , , , ,
- 171998 High resolution magnetic resonance imaging: Three-dimensional trabecular bone architecture and biomechanical properties. Bone 22:445–454., , , , , , , ,
- 181998 Trabecular bone mineral and calculated structure of human bone specimens scanned by peripheral quantitative computed tomography: Relation to biomechanical properties. J Bone Miner Res 13:1783–1790., , , , , ,
- 191999 Relationship between structural parameters, bone mineral density and fracture load in lumbar vertebrae, based on high-resolution computed tomography, quantitative computed tomography and compression tests. Osteoporos Int 9:433–440., ,
- 201986 A simple method for correlative light and scanning electron microscopy of human iliac crest bone biopsies: qualitative observations in normal and osteoporotic subjects. J Bone Miner Res 1:15–21., , ,
- 211996 Temporal expression of the anabolic action of PTH in cancellous bone of ovariectomized rats. J Bone Miner Res 11:421–429., , , , , ,