Fracture Risk Among Patients with Paget's Disease: A Population-Based Cohort Study
Article first published online: 1 NOV 2000
Copyright © 2000 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 15, Issue 11, pages 2123–2128, November 2000
How to Cite
Melton, L. J., Tiegs, R. D., Atkinson, E. J. and O'Fallon, W. M. (2000), Fracture Risk Among Patients with Paget's Disease: A Population-Based Cohort Study. J Bone Miner Res, 15: 2123–2128. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.2000.15.11.2123
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 1 NOV 2000
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 JUN 2000
- Manuscript Revised: 25 MAY 2000
- Manuscript Received: 29 JAN 2000
- 11999 Paget's disease of bone. In: FavusMJ (ed.) Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism, 4th Ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, U.S.A., pp. 415–425.
- 21969 Fractures. In: Paget's Disease of Bone. E & S Livingston Ltd., Edinburgh, Scotland, pp. 105–135.
- 31994 Bone histomorphometry and skeletal distribution of Paget's disease of bone. Semin Arthritis Rheum 23:219–221.
- 41999 Cell biology of Paget's disease. J Bone Miner Res 14(Suppl 2):3–8., , , ,
- 51994 Interleukin-6, IL-6 receptor, and IL-6 nuclear factor gene expression in Paget's disease. J Bone Miner Res 9:75–80., ,
- 61990 IL-6 stimulates osteoclast-like multinucleated cell formation in long term human marrow cultures by inducing IL-1 release. J Immunol 144:4226–4230., , , ,
- 71992 Interleukin 6: A potential autocrine/paracrine factor in Paget's disease of bone. J Clin Invest 89:46–52., , , , , , ,
- 81998 Paget's disease of bone. In: AvioliLV, KraneSM (eds.) Metabolic Bone Disease and Clinically Related Disorders, 3rd Ed. Academic Press, San Diego, CA, U.S.A., pp. 545–605.,
- 91996 Drug therapy for vertebral fractures in osteoporosis: Evidence that decreases in bone turnover and increases in bone mass both determine antifracture efficacy. Bone 18(Suppl):197S–201S., ,
- 101998 Clinical features and complications. In: Pathophysiology and Treatment of Paget's Disease of Bone, 2nd Ed. Martin Dunitz, London, U.K., pp. 110–138.
- 111981 The patient record in epidemiology. Sci Am 245:54–63.,
- 121996 History of the Rochester Epidemiology Project. Mayo Clin Proc 71:266–274.
- 13Long-term trends in the incidence of Paget's disease of bone. Bone (in press), , ,
- 141992 Incidence of clinically diagnosed vertebral fractures: A population-based study in Rochester, Minnesota, 1985–1989. J Bone Miner Res 7:221–227., , ,
- 151981 Epidemiologic features of pelvic fractures. Clin Orthop 155:43–47., , ,
- 161982 Epidemiologic features of humeral fractures. Clin Orthop 168:24–30., , , ,
- 171996 Downturn in hip fracture incidence. Public Health Rep 111:146–150., ,
- 181998 Long-term trends in the incidence of distal forearm fractures. Osteoporos Int 8:341–348., , ,
- 191999 Fracture incidence in Olmsted County, Minnesota: Comparison of urban with rural rates and changes in urban rates over time. Osteoporos Int 9:29–37., ,
- 201953 Some simple approximate tests for Poisson variates. Biometrika 40:354–360.
- 211958 Non-parametric estimation from incomplete observations. J Am Stat Assoc 53:457–481.,
- 221980 The Statistical Analysis of Failure Time Data. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, U.S.A., pp. 1–321.,
- 231972 Regression models and life-tables (with discussion). J R Stat Soc 34(Series B):187–220.
- 241979 The management of fractures in Paget's disease of bone. Injury 10:276–280.,
- 251958 The pathology of fracture in Paget's disease. Aust N Z J Surg 27:307–312.
- 261995 Epidemiology of fractures. In: RiggsBL, MeltonLJIII (eds.) Osteoporosis: Etiology, Diagnosis and Management, 2nd Ed. Lippincott-Raven Publishers, Philadelphia, PA, U.S.A., pp. 225–247.
- 271997 The management of Paget's disease of bone. N Engl J Med 336:558–566.,
- 281993 Prevalence and incidence of vertebral deformities. Osteoporos Int 3:113–119., , , , ,
- 291990 Incidence of fractures in a geographically defined population. J Epidemiol Community Health 44:241–245., ,
- 301964 Incidence of fractures in persons over 35 years of age. A report to the MRC Working Party on fractures in the elderly. Br J Prev Soc Med 18:130–141., ,
- 311984 The Frequency of Occurrence, Impact and Cost of Skeletal Musculoskeletal Conditions in the United States. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Chicago, IL, U.S.A., pp. 1–187., , ,
- 321986 Thoracic spine compression fractures in Finland. Clin Orthop 205:188–194., , ,
- 331988 Changes in incidence and prevalence of vertebral fractures during 30 years. Calcif Tissue Int 42:293–296., ,
- 341992 Hospitalization with vertebral fracture among the aged: A national population-based study, 1986–1989. Epidemiology 3:515–518., , , , ,