Presented in part at the second joint meeting of the IBMS and ASBMR, San Francisco, California, U.S.A., December 1998.
Corticosteroids Do Not Alter the Threshold for Vertebral Fracture†
Article first published online: 18 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2000 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 15, Issue 5, pages 952–956, May 2000
How to Cite
Selby, P. L., Halsey, J. P., Adams, K. R. H., Klimiuk, P., Knight, S. M., Pal, B., Stewart, I. M. and Swinson, D. R. (2000), Corticosteroids Do Not Alter the Threshold for Vertebral Fracture. J Bone Miner Res, 15: 952–956. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.2000.15.5.952
- Issue published online: 18 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 18 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JAN 2000
- Manuscript Revised: 29 NOV 1999
- Manuscript Received: 28 APR 1999
- 11995 Rheumatoid arthritis, corticosteroid therapy and the risk of hip fracture. Ann Rheum Dis 54:49–52., ,
- 21993 Risk of vertebral fracture in women with rheumatoid arthritis. BMJ 306:558., , ,
- 31991 Vertebral fractures in steroid dependent asthma and involutional osteoporosis: a comparative study. Thorax 46:803–806., , , , ,
- 41995 Risk of vertebral fracture and relationship to bone mineral density in steroid treated rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis 54:801–806., , , ,
- 5World Health Organization 1994 Assessment of fracture riskits application to screening for postmenopausal osteoporosis. World Health Organization, Technical Report Series, Geneva, Switzerl.
- 61998 A UK consensus group on the management of glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis: An update. J Intern Med 244:271–292., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 71997 Intermittent etidronate therapy to prevent corticosteroid-induced osteoporosi. N Engl J Med 337:382–387., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 81998 Alendronate for the prevention and treatment of glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis. Glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis intervention study group. N Engl J Med 339:292–299., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 91995 Standardization of spine BMD measurements. J Bone Miner Res 10:1602–1603 (letter).
- 101996 Use of oral corticosteroids in the community and the prevention of secondary osteoporosis: A cross sectional study. BMJ (England) 313:344–346., , ,
- 111990 The impact of osteophytic and vascular calcifications on vertebral mineral density measurements in men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 70:1202–1207., ,
- 121993 Effect of spinal osteophytosis on bone mineral density measurements in vertebral osteoporosis. BMJ 307:172–173., , , ,
- 131997 Untitled. Bone 21:369–370 (letter)., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 141996 Discrepancies in normative data between Lunar and Hologic DXA systems. Osteoporos Int 6:432–436., ,
- 151989 Contrasting microanatomy of idiopathic and corticosteroid-induced osteoporosis. Clin Orthop 243:294–305., , ,
- 161989 Bone histomorphometry in glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res 4:137–141.
- 171990 Bone loss in response to long-term glucocorticoid therapy. Bone Miner 8:39–51., , , , , , ,
- 181998 A histomorphometric long-term longitudinal study of trabecular bone loss in glucocorticoid-treated patients: Prednisone versus deflazacort. Calcif Tissue Int 62:199–204., , , , , ,
- 191996 Markers of bone resorption predict hip fracture in elderly women: The EPIDOS prospective study. J Bone Miner Res 11:1531–1538., , , , , , et al.