Presented in part at the 15th Annual Meeting of the ASBMR (J Bone Miner Res 1993;8:S158) and at the 4th International Meeting on Osteoporosis, Hong Kong, China, 1993 (Proceedings of the Fourth International Symposium on Osteoporosis and Consensus Development Conference, pp. 200–202)
Deficient Bone Formation in Idiopathic Juvenile Osteoporosis: A Histomorphometric Study of Cancellous Iliac Bone†
Article first published online: 18 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2000 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 15, Issue 5, pages 957–963, May 2000
How to Cite
Rauch, F., Travers, R., Norman, M. E., Taylor, A., Parfitt, A. M. and Glorieux, F. H. (2000), Deficient Bone Formation in Idiopathic Juvenile Osteoporosis: A Histomorphometric Study of Cancellous Iliac Bone. J Bone Miner Res, 15: 957–963. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.2000.15.5.957
- Issue published online: 18 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 18 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JAN 2000
- Manuscript Revised: 2 NOV 1999
- Manuscript Received: 25 JUN 1999
- 11996 Juvenile osteoporosis. In: FavusMJ (ed.) Primer on the Metabolic Bone DiseasesDisorders of Mineral Metabolism, 3rd Ed. Lippincott-Raven, Philadelphia, PA, U.S.A., pp 275–278.
- 21965 Idiopathic juvenile osteoporosis. QJM 34:177–210.,
- 31977 Osteoporosis in childhood. Postgrad Med J 53:450–457.
- 41995 Idiopathic juvenile osteoporosis: Experience of twenty-one patients. Br J Rheumatol 34:68–77.
- 51979 Idiopathic juvenile osteoporosis. Am J Dis Child 133:894–900., ,
- 61999 Extension of phenotype associated with structural mutations in type I collagen: Siblings with juvenile osteoporosis have an alpha2(I)Gly436 → Arg substitution. J Bone Miner Res 14:449–455., ,
- 71995 Type I collagen biosynthesis by skin fibroblasts from patients with idiopathic juvenile osteoporosis. Clin Sci (Colch) 89:69–73., ,
- 81991 Mineral metabolism and calcitriol therapy in idiopathic juvenile osteoporosis. Am J Dis Child 145:457–462., , , ,
- 91992 Serum levels of carboxyterminal propeptide of type I procollagen in healthy children from 1st year of life to adulthood and in metabolic bone diseases. Eur J Pediatr 151:764–8., , ,
- 101992 Idiopathic juvenile osteoporosis: evidence of normal osteoblast function by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 stimulation test. Calcif Tissue Int 51:20–23., , ,
- 111985 Characteristics and bisphosphonate treatment of a patient with juvenile osteoporosis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 61:952–956., , ,
- 122000 Normative data for iliac bone histomorphometry in growing children. Bone 26:103–109., , , , , ,
- 131992 Reconstruction of the formative site in trabecular bone by a new, quick, and easy method. Bone 13:147–152., , , ,
- 141986 Normal and pathological remodeling of human trabecular bone: Three dimensional reconstruction of the remodeling sequence in normals and in metabolic bone disease. Endocr Rev 7:379–408.
- 151967 Juvenile osteoporosis: Report of a case including a description of some metabolic and microradiographic studies. Pediatrics 40:649–655., , , ,
- 161969 Idiopathic juvenile osteoporosis. Radiology 93:1349–1350.,
- 171972 Juvenile osteoporosis: Bone findings in seven patients. J Pediatr 81:511–517.,
- 181980 Idiopathic osteoporosis in the young. J Bone Joint Surg Br 62B:417–427.
- 191983 Bone metabolism in idiopathic juvenile osteoporosis: A case report. Calcif Tissue Int 35:5–8., ,
- 201990 Bone-forming cells in clinical conditions. In: HallBK (ed.) The OsteoblastOsteocyte, vol. 1. Telford Press, Caldwell, NJ, U.S.A., pp. 351–429.
- 211997 Effects of ethnicity and age or menopause on osteoblast function, bone mineralization, and osteoid accumulation in iliac bone. J Bone Miner Res 12:1864–1873., , , , ,
- 221995 Relations between histologic indices of bone formation: Implications for the pathogenesis of spinal osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res 10:466–473., , ,
- 231987 Bone “mass” and the “mechanostat”: A proposal. Anat Rec 219:1–9.
- 241994 Perspectives: Applications of a biomechanical model of the endochondral ossification mechanism. Anat Rec 240:447–455.,
- 251998 Osteoclast precursors as leukocytes: Importance of the area code. Bone 23:491–494.
- 261999 Diseases of bone and the stromal cell lineage. J Bone Miner Res 14:336–341.,