Oleksik A, Dawson A, Moseley E, Cooper C, Lips P 1998 Quality of life in osteoporotic patients with or without vertebral fractures. Osteoporos Int 8(Suppl 3):14 (abstract).
Version of Record online: 1 JUL 2000
Copyright © 2000 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 15, Issue 7, pages 1384–1392, July 2000
How to Cite
Oleksik, A., Lips, P., Dawson, A., Minshall, M. E., Shen, W., Cooper, C. and Kanis, J. (2000), Health-Related Quality of Life in Postmenopausal Women With Low BMD With or Without Prevalent Vertebral Fractures. J Bone Miner Res, 15: 1384–1392. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.2000.15.7.1384
Oleksik A, Moseley E, Dawson A, Minshall M, Lips P 1998 The impact on health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in postmenopausal women with low BMD and prevalent vertebral fractures. J Bone Miner Res 23(Suppl):S398 (abstract).
- Issue online: 2 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 JUL 2000
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 NOV 1999
- Manuscript Revised: 27 OCT 1999
- Manuscript Received: 11 MAY 1999
- 1Anonymous 1993 Consensus development conference: Prophylaxis and treatment of osteoporosis. Am J Med 94:646–650.
- 21985 Long-term estrogen replacement therapy prevents bone loss and fractures. Ann Intern Med 102:319–324., ,
- 31983 Relationship between bone mineral content and frequency of postmenopausal fractures. Acta Med Scand 213:61–63., , , ,
- 41986 Involutional osteoporosis. N Engl J Med 314:1676–1686.,
- 51992 Incidence of clinically diagnosed vertebral fractures: A population-based study in Rochester, Minnesota, 1985–1989. J Bone Miner Res 7:221–227., , ,
- 61989 Epidemiology of vertebral fracture in women. Am J Epidemiol 129:1000–1011., , , , ,
- 71993 Prevalence of vertebral fracture in women and the relationship with bone density and symptoms: The Chingford study. J Bone Miner Res 8:817–822., , ,
- 8The European Vertebral Osteoporosis Study Group 1996 The prevalence of vertebral deformity in European men and women: The European Vertebral Osteoporosis study. J Bone Miner Res 11:1010–1018., , , , , ,
- 91998 The association of radiographically detected vertebral fractures with back pain and function: A prospective study. Ann Intern Med 128:793–800., , , , , , , ,
- 101994 Pain and disability associated with new vertebral fractures and other spinal conditions. J Clin Epidemiol 47:231–239., , ,
- 111997 Clinical consequences of vertebral fractures. Am J Med 103:30S–43S.
- 121996 Vertebral fractures and other predictors of back pain among older women. J Bone Miner Res 11:1026–1032., ,
- 13The Study of Osteoporotic Fractures Research Group 1992 Contribution of vertebral deformities to chronic back pain and disability. J Bone Miner Res 7:449–456., , , , , , ,
- 141997 Vertebral deformities and functional impairment in men and women. J Bone Miner Res 12:152–157., , , , , , ,
- 151996 Vertebral fracture and other predictors of physical impairment and health care utilization. Arch Intern Med 156:2469–2475., ,
- 161990 A study of complaints and their relation to vertebral destruction in patients with osteoporosis. Bone Miner 8:217–229., , , , , , ,
- 171997 Clinical grading of spinal osteoporosis: Quality of life components and spinal deformity in women with chronic low back pain and women with vertebral osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res 12:663–675., , , , , , ,
- 181993 Association of osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures with impaired functional status. Am J Med 94:595–601., , , , ,
- 191992 Quality of life and vertebral osteoporosis. Osteoporos Int 2:161–163., , , ,
- 201992 The clinical consequences of vertebral compression fracture. Bone 13:S27–S31.
- 211996 The clinical impact of vertebral fractures: Quality of life in women with osteoporosis. Bone 18:188S–189S.
- 221991 Quality of life in osteoporosis. (abstract) J Bone Miner Res 6:S106., , , , , ,
- 231992 Quality of life measures in health care. I: Applications and issues in assessment. BMJ 305:1074–1077., , , , ,
- 241992 Quality of life measures in health care. II: Design, analysis and interpretation. BMJ 305:1145–1148., , , , ,
- 251994 Costs and health effects of osteoporotic fractures. Bone 15:377–386., ,
- 26on behalf of the Working Party of the Foundation 1991 Guidelines for clinical trials in osteoporosis. A position paper of the European Foundation for Osteoporosis and Bone Disease. Osteoporos Int 1:182–188., ,
- 27on behalf of the Group for the Respect of Ethics and Excellence in Science 1995 Recommendations for the registration of new chemical entities used in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. Calcif Tissue Int 57:247–250., , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 281985 Measuring health status: A new tool for clinicians and epidemiologists. J R Coll Gen Pract 35:185–188., ,
- 291981 The sickness impact profile: Development and final revision of a health status measure. Med Care 19:787–805., , ,
- 301992 Validating the SF-36 health survey questionnaire: new outcome measure for primary care. BMJ 305:160–164., , , , , ,
- 311994 Test-retest reliability of health state valuations collected with the EuroQol questionnaire. Soc Sci Med 39:1537–1544., , ,
- 321998 Quality of life in osteoporosis: Reliability, consistency, and validity of the osteoporosis assessment questionnaire. J Rheumatol 25:1171–1179., , , , ,
- 331997 Development and validation of a discriminative quality of life questionnaire for osteoporosis (the OPTQoL). J Bone Miner Res 12:456–463., , , , , , ,
- 341998 Reliability of an osteoporosis-target quality of life survey instrument for use in the community. Osteoporos Int 8:127–135., , , , , ,
- 351997 Quality of life as outcome in the treatment of osteoporosis: the development of a questionnaire for quality of life by the European Foundation for Osteoporosis. Osteoporos Int 7:36–38., , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 36on behalf of the Working Party of the European Foundation for Osteoporosis 1999 Quality of life in patients with vertebral fractures: Validation of the quality of life questionnaire of the European Foundation for Osteoporosis (QUALEFFO). Osteoporos Int 10:150–160., , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 37Galen Research and Consultancy 1991 The Nottingham Health Profile User's Manual. Hunt and McKenna, Southern Hey, U.K.
- 38The EuroQol Group 1996 EQ-5D User Guide. EuroQol Group, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- 391993 Vertebral fracture assessment using a semiquantitative technique. J Bone Miner Res 8:1137–1148., , ,
- 401998 Raloxifene reduces the risk of incident vertebral fractures: 24-month interim analysis. (abstract) Osteoporos Int 8(Suppl 3):11., , , , , , , , ,
- 41SAS Institute Inc. 1994 SAS/STAT Software Release 6.08. SAS Institute, Inc., Cary, NC, U.S.A.
- 42World Health Organization (WHO) Working Group 1994 Assessment of fracture risk and its application to screening for postmenopausal osteoporosis. WHO Technical Report Series 843, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
- 431998 The impact of vertebral fracture(s)on health related quality of life(HRQOL)in established postmenopausal osteoporosis depends on the number and location of the fracture(s). (abstract) J Bone Miner Res 23(Suppl):S305., , , ,
- 441991 Pre-existing fractures and bone mass predict vertebral fracture incidence in women. Ann Intern Med 114:919–923., , ,
- 451994 Risk of hip fracture in women with vertebral fracture. J Bone Miner Res 9:599–605., , , , ,
- 461994 Vertebral deformities as predictor of non-vertebral fractures. BMJ 309:991–992., , , , , , ,
- 471993 Population-based study of survival after vertebral fractures. Am J Epidemiol 137:1001–1005., , , ,
- 481997 The crippling consequences of fractures and their impact on quality of life. Am J Med 103:S12–S19.
- 491993 Quality of life issues in women with vertebral fractures due to osteoporosis. Arthritis Rheum 36:750–756., , , , , ,
- 501996 Impact of fears on quality of life in patients with a silent disease: Osteoporosis. Clin Ther 18:1307–1315., ,
- 511997 Correlates of kyphosis in older women. J Am Geriatr Soc 45:682–687., , , ,
- 52on behalf of The European Vertebral Osteoporosisi Study Group 1993 The epidemiology of vertebral fractures. Bone 14:S89–S97., ,
- 531997 Methodological issues in translating health-related quality of life instruments. (abstract) Qual Life Res 6:642.
- 541997 Statistical equating of cross-cultural instruments. (abstract) Qual Life Res 6:661.,
- 551994 Translation of questionnaires for use in different languages and cultures. In: CBradley (ed.) Handbook of Psychology and Diabetes: A Guide to Psychological Measurement in Diabetes Research and Practice. Harwood Academic, Chur, Switzerland. pp. 43–55.
- 561993 The philosophy of health-related quality of life translation. Qual Life Res 2:461–465.
- 571988 An examination of the association between vertebral deformities, physical disabilities and psychosocial problems. Maturitas 10:283–296., , , , ,
- 581991 A longitudinal study of back pain and radiological changes in the lumbar spines of middle aged women. I. Clinical findings. Ann Rheum Dis 50:158–161., , ,