Long-Term Effect of Incadronate Disodium (YM-175) on Fracture Healing of Femoral Shaft in Growing Rats
Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2001
Copyright © 2001 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 16, Issue 3, pages 429–436, March 2001
How to Cite
Li, C., Mori, S., Li, J., Kaji, Y., Akiyama, T., Kawanishi, J. and Norimatsu, H. (2001), Long-Term Effect of Incadronate Disodium (YM-175) on Fracture Healing of Femoral Shaft in Growing Rats. J Bone Miner Res, 16: 429–436. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.2001.16.3.429
- Issue online: 2 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 OCT 2000
- Manuscript Revised: 2 AUG 2000
- Manuscript Received: 14 FEB 2000
- 11998 Paget's disease of bone: Reduction of disease activity with oral risedronate. Bone 22:51–55., ,
- 21991 Bisphosphonates. Pharmacology and use in the treatment of tumor-induced hypercalcemic and metastatic bone disease. Drugs 42:919–944.
- 31990 Effect of intermittent cyclical etidronate therapy on bone mass and fracture rate in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis. N Engl J Med 322:1265–1271., , , ,
- 41999 Bisphosphonate: From the laboratory to the clinic and back again. Bone 25:97–106.,
- 51997 Osteoporosis: Trials and tribulations. Am J Med 103:S74–S89.
- 61999 Pharmacokinetics of alendronate: An overview. Int J Clin Prac 101S:S18–S26., ,
- 71988 A one year follow up study of the distribution of 14 C-clodronate in mice and rats. Pharmacol Toxicol 62:51–53.
- 81985 Effect of EHDP on fracture healing in dogs. J Orthop Res 3:499–507., , ,
- 91996 Effect of alendronate on fracture healing and bone remodeling in dogs. J Orthop Res 14:74–79., , , , ,
- 101994 The influence of dichloromethylene bisphosphonate on the healing of a long bone fracture, composition of bone mineral and histology of bone in the rat. Pharmacol Toxicol 75:384–390., , , ,
- 111980 Comparative skeletal effects of two diphosphonates in dogs. Metab Bone Dis 2:388–407., , ,
- 121994 Effect of clodronate on fracture healing in denervated rats. Bone 15:701–705., , , , ,
- 131996 Healing of a tibial double osteotomy is modified by clodronate administration. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 115:111–114., , ,
- 141991 Use of bisphosphonate in the prevention of bone loss and fractures. Am J Med 91:S42–S46.
- 151995 Effects of bisphosphonate YM175 on bone mineral density, strength, structure, and turnover in ovariectomized beagles on concomitant dietary calcium restriction. J Bone Miner Res 10:910–920., , , , , ,
- 161999 Effect of bisphosphonate (incadronate) on fracture healing of long bones in rats. J Bone Miner Res 14:969–979., , , , ,
- 171997 Fracture healing in a rat osteopenia model. Clin Orthop 342:218–227., , , ,
- 181992 Genetic expression of extracellular matrix proteins correlates with histologic changes during fracture repair. J Bone Miner Res 7:1045–1055., ,
- 191991 The influence of ibuprofen on fracture repair: Biomechanical, biochemical, histologic, and histomorphometric parameters in rats. J Orthop Res 9:383–390., , , ,
- 201999 The effect of alendronate in a new mouse femur fracture model. ASBMR 21st Annual Meeting, St. Louis, Missouri, p. S208., , , ,
- 211998 No adverse effects of clodronate on fracture healing in rats. Acta Orthop Scand 69:532–536., , , ,
- 221994 Use of a bisphosphonate (pamidronate) to modulate fracture repair in ovine bone. Ann Oncol 5(Suppl 7):S53–S55., , , ,
- 231998 Recombinant human basic fibroblast growth factor accelerates fracture healing by enhancing callus remodeling in experimental dog tibial fracture. J Bone Miner Res 13:942–949., , , , , ,
- 241999 Intermittent parathyroid hormone (1–34) treatment increases callus formation and mechanical strength of healing rat fractures. J Bone Miner Res 14:960–968., ,
- 251998 Enhancement of fracture healing by mechanical and surgical intervention. Clin Orthop 355(Suppl):S163–S178., , ,
- 261993 Effect of two bisphosphonates (tiludronate and etidronate) on bone healing. J Bone Miner Res 8(Suppl 1):S236., , , ,
- 271993 Clodronate increases the calcium content in fracture callus. An experimental study in rats. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 112:228–231., ,
- 281998 The cell and molecular biology of fracture healing. Clin Orthop 355(Suppl):S7–S21.
- 291996 Osteoclast function is activated by osteoblastic cells through a mechanism involving cell-to-cell contact. Endocrinology 137:2187–2190., , , , , , ,
- 301995 Facilitation and suppression of bone metastasis. Clin Orthop 312:34–44.,
- 311988 Cellular biology and biomechanical mechanism of bone resorption. A review of recent developments on the formation, activation, and mode of action of osteoclasts. Clin Orthop 231:239–271.
- 321995 A possible mechanism of the specific action of bisphosphonates on osteoclasts: Tiludronate preferentially affects polarized osteoclasts having ruffled borders. Bone 17:137–144., , , , , , , ,
- 331989 Inhibition of osteoclast-like cell formation by bisphosphonates in long-term cultures of human bone marrow. J Clin Invest 83:1930–1935., , ,
- 341994 Intramembranous and endochondral bone changes induced by a new bisphosphonate (YM175) in the beagle dog. Toxicol Pathol 22:536–544., , , ,
- 352000 Concentration of bisphosphonate (incadronate) in callus area and its effects on fracture healing in rats. J Bone Miner Res 15:2024–2051., , , , ,
- 361984 Evidence of sequential remodeling in rat trabecular bone: Morphology, dynamic histomorphometry, and changes during skeletal maturation. Anat Rec 208:137–145., ,
- 371988 The biology of fracture healing: An overview for clinicians. Clin Orthop 248:283–309.
- 381991 The influence of ibuprofen on fracture repair: Biomechanical, biochemical, histologic, and histomorphometric parameters in rats. J Orthop Res 9:383–390., , , ,