Renal Phosphate Wasting in Fibrous Dysplasia of Bone Is Part of a Generalized Renal Tubular Dysfunction Similar to That Seen in Tumor-Induced Osteomalacia
Article first published online: 1 MAY 2001
Copyright © 2001 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 16, Issue 5, pages 806–813, May 2001
How to Cite
Collins, M. T., Chebli, C., Jones, J., Kushner, H., Consugar, M., Rinaldo, P., Wientroub, S., Bianco, P. and Robey, P. G. (2001), Renal Phosphate Wasting in Fibrous Dysplasia of Bone Is Part of a Generalized Renal Tubular Dysfunction Similar to That Seen in Tumor-Induced Osteomalacia. J Bone Miner Res, 16: 806–813. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.2001.16.5.806
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 1 MAY 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 DEC 2000
- Manuscript Revised: 16 NOV 2000
- Manuscript Received: 16 AUG 2000
- 11997 Fibrous dysplasia of bone in the McCune-Albright syndrome: Abnormalities in bone formation. Am J Pathol 151:1587–1600., , , , ,
- 21998 Fibroosseous Lesions. In: CzerniakB, DorfmanHD (eds.) Bone Tumors. Mosby, St. Louis, MO, USA, pp. 441–491.,
- 31937 Syndrome characterized by osteitis fibrosa disseminata, areas, of pigmentation, and endocrine dysfunction, with precocious puberty in females: Report of 5 cases. N Engl J Med 216:727–746., , ,
- 41996 Clinical implications of genetic defects in G proteins. The molecular basis of McCune-Albright syndrome and Albright hereditary osteodystrophy. Medicine (Baltimore) 75:171–184., ,
- 51991 Activating mutations of the stimulatory G protein in the McCune-Albright syndrome. N Engl J Med 325:1688–1695., , , , ,
- 61992 Identification of a mutation in the gene encoding the alpha subunit of the stimulatory G protein of adenylyl cyclase in McCune-Albright syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 89:5152–5156., ,
- 71997 Inborn errors of signal transduction: Mutations in G proteins and G protein-coupled receptors as a cause of disease. J Inherit Metab Dis 20:113–121.
- 81986 The McCune-Albright syndrome: A lethal gene surviving by mosaicism. Clin Genet 29:321–324.
- 91992 G-protein oncogenes in acromegaly. Horm Res 38:90–93.,
- 101961 Renal tubular defects in fibrous dysplasia of bones: Report of two cases. Acta Paediatr Scand 50:297–303.,
- 111968 Fibrous dysplasia of bone with vitamin D resistant rickets: A case study. Metabolism 17:988–998., , ,
- 121974 Studies of calcium phosphate metabolism in a case of McCune-Albright syndrome with phosphate diabetes (author's translation). Z Kinderheilkd 117:47–61., ,
- 131976 Hypophosphataemic osteomalacia in fibrous dysplasia. QJM 45:411–420.,
- 141977 A case of McCune-Albright syndrome with hyperthyroidism and vitam D-resistant reckets. Helv Paediatr Acta 32:263–273.,
- 151979 Albright's syndrome with rickets. Mayo Clin Proc 54:313–320., ,
- 161983 Albright's syndrome associated with a soft-tissue myxoma and hypophosphataemic osteomalacia. Report of a case and review of the literature. J Bone Joint Surg Br 65:621–626.,
- 171990 Fibrous dysplasia-induced hypocalcemia/rickets. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 48:1319–1322., , ,
- 181989 Hypophosphataemic rickets and melorheostosis. Clin Radiol 40:209–211.,
- 191995 Urinary cyclic adenosine 3′,5′-monophosphate response in McCune-Albright syndrome: Clinical evidence for altered renal adenylate cyclase activity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 80:3576–3581., , , , , , ,
- 201996 Hypophosphatemic bone disease in McCune-Albright syndrome. Calcif Tissue Int 59:224.
- 211977 Osteomalacia due to 1alpha,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol deficiency. Association with a giant cell tumor of bone. J Clin Invest 60:1046–1053.,
- 221997 Phosphatonin—a new phosphaturetic hormone? (Lessons from tumour-induced osteomalacia and X-linked hypophosphataemia.) Nephrol Dial Transplant 12:11–13.(editorial)
- 231984 The role of abnormal vitamin D metabolism in X-linked hypophosphatemic rickets and osteomalacia. Adv Exp Med Biol 178:399–404.
- 241985 The Fanconi syndrome: Clinical disorders. In: BuckalewVM, GonickHC (eds.) Renal Tubular Disorders. Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, pp. 475–544.
- 252000 Mutations of the GNAS1 gene, stromal cell dysfunction, and osteomalacic changes in non-McCune-Albright fibrous dysplasia of bone. J Bone Miner Res 15:120–128., , , , , , , , , , ,
- 261971 Attributes of the radiographic standard of reference for the National Health Examination Survey. Am J Phys Anthropol 35:331–337., ,
- 271977 A simple slide-rule method for the assessment of renal tubular reaborption of phosphate in man. Clin Chim Acta 81:273–276.,
- 281998 Renal tubular reabsorption of phosphate (TmP/GFR): Indications and interpretation. Ann Clin Biochem 35:201–206.
- 291991 Amino acid analysis of physiological samples. In: HommesFA (ed.) Techniques in Diagnostic Human Biochemical Genetics, Wiley-Liss, New York, NY, USA, pp. 87–126.,
- 301977 The importance of phosphate in regulating plasma 1,25-(OH)2-vitamin D levels in humans: Studies in healthy subjects in calcium-stone formers and in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 45:299–306., , ,
- 311999 Parathyroid hormone. In: FavusMJ (ed.) Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, USA, pp. 80–87.,
- 321979 Nephrogenous cyclic AMP as a parathyroid function test. Nephron 23:136–141.
- 332000 PHEX gene and hypophosphatemia. Kidney Int 57:9–18.
- 341980 Aminoaciduria—its relationship to vitamin D and parathyroid hormone. Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci 12:215–239.
- 351983 Familial hypophophatemic rickets and vitamin D-dependent rickets. In: StanburyJB, WyngaardenJB, FredricksonDS, GoldsteinJL, BrownMS (eds.) The Metabolic Basis of Inherited Diseases. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, pp. 1743–1773.,
- 361997 Autosomal dominant hypophosphatemic rickets is linked to chromosome 12p13. J Clin Invest 100:2653–2657., , ,
- 371997 Long-term effects of intravenous pamidronate in fibrous dysplasia of bone. J Bone Miner Res 12:1746–1752., , ,