The authors have no conflict of interest
Ontogeny of Phex/PHEX Protein Expression in Mouse Embryo and Subcellular Localization in Osteoblasts†
Article first published online: 1 FEB 2002
Copyright © 2002 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 17, Issue 2, pages 311–320, February 2002
How to Cite
Thompson, D. L., Sabbagh, Y., Tenenhouse, H. S., Roche, P. C., Drezner, M. K., Salisbury, J. L., Grande, J. P., Poeschla, E. M. and Kumar, R. (2002), Ontogeny of Phex/PHEX Protein Expression in Mouse Embryo and Subcellular Localization in Osteoblasts. J Bone Miner Res, 17: 311–320. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.2002.17.2.311
- Issue published online: 2 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 1 FEB 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 SEP 2001
- Manuscript Revised: 10 AUG 2001
- Manuscript Received: 26 MAR 2001
- 12001 Mendelian hypophosphatemias. In: ScriverCR, BeaudetAL, SlyWS, ValleD (eds.) The Metabolic and Molecular Basis of Inherited Disease, 8th ed. McGraw Hill Book Co., New York, NY, USA, pp. 5039–5067.,
- 21992 Bone disease resulting from inherited disorder of renal tubule transport and vitamin D metabolism. In: FavusMJ, CoeFL (eds.) Disorders of Bone Miner Metabolism. Raven Press, NY, USA, pp. 935–950.,
- 32000 Tumor-induced osteomalacia and the regulation of phosphate homeostasis. Bone 27:333–338.
- 42000 PHEXdb, a locus-specific database for mutations causing X-linked hypophosphatemia. Hum Mut 16:1–6., ,
- 5The Hyp Consortium 1995 A gene (PEX) with homologies to endopeptidases is mutated in patients with X-linked hypophosphatemic rickets. Nat Genet 11:130–136.
- 61997 Mammalian membrane metallopeptidases: NEP, ECE, KELL, and PEX. FASEB J 11:355–364.,
- 71994 Refining the genetic map for the region flanking the X-linked hypophosphatemic ricket locus (Xp22.1–22.2). Hum Genet 93:291–294., , , , , , , , , ,
- 81987 Bridging marker defining the map position of X-linked hypophosphatemic rickets. J Med Genet 24:756–760., , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 91990 Linkage analysis of two cloned DNA sequences, DXS197 and DXS207 hypophosphatemic rickets families. Genomics 8:189–193., , , , , , , , ,
- 101990 The human glycine receptor: A new probe that is linked to the X-linked hypophosphatemic rickets gene. Genomics 7:439–444., , , , ,
- 111992 Multilocus mapping of the X-linked hypophosphatemic rickets gene. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 75:201–206., , , , ,
- 121992 Three DNA markers for hypophosphatemic rickets. Hum Genet 89:539–542., , , , , , ,
- 131976 Hypophosphatemia: Mouse model for human familial hypophosphatemic (vitamin D-resistant) rickets. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 73:4667–4671., , ,
- 141999 X-linked hypophosphatemia: Homologous disorder in humans and mice. Nephrol Dial Transplant 14:333–341.
- 151997 Pex/PEX tissue distribution and evidence for a deletion in the 3′ region of the Pex gene in X-linked hypophosphatemic mice. J Clin Invest 99:1200–1209., , , , , ,
- 161997 Pex gene deletions in Gy and Hyp mice provide mouse models for X-linked hypophosphatemia. Hum Mol Genet 6:165–171., , , , , ,
- 171996 cDNA cloning of the murine PEX gene implicated in X-linked hypophosphatemia and evidence for expression in bone. Genomics 36:22–28., , , , ,
- 181998 Pex mRNA is localized in developing mouse osteoblasts and odontoblasts. J Histochem Cytochem 46:459–468., , , , , ,
- 192000 Effect of age on the expression of PEX (Phex) in the mouse. Calcif Tissue Int 66:282–287., , , ,
- 202000 Developmental expression and tissue distribution of Phex protein: Effect of the Hyp mutation and relationship to bone markers. J Bone Miner Res 15:1440–1450., , , , , , ,
- 212001 Osteomalacia in Hyp mice is associated with abnormal Phex expression and with altered bone matrix protein expression and deposition. Endocrinology 142:926–939., , , , ,
- 221990 Solid phase peptide synthesis utilizing 9-fluoroenylmthoxycarbenyl amino acids. Int J Pept Protein Res 35:161–214.,
- 23StewartJM, YoungJF (ed.) 1984 Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis, 2nd ed. Pierce Chemical Co., Rockford, IL, USA.
- 241985 Efficient generation of antibodies to oncoproteins by using synthetic peptide antigens. Proc Natl Acad Sci, USA 82:3400–3404., ,
- 251998 Solid phase immunoassays. In: van RegenmortelMHV, BriandJP, MullerS, PlaireS (eds.) Synthetic Polypeptides s Antigens, Elsevier, Amsterdam, UK, pp. 145–148.
- 261997 Expression of polycystin in mouse metanephros and extra-metanephric tissues. Kidney Int 52:1196–1205., , , , ,
- 271996 Ontogeny of the 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 receptor in fetal rat bone. J Bone Miner Res 11:56–61., , ,
- 281995 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 receptor ontogenesis in fetal renal development. Am J Physiol 269:F419–F428., , , , ,
- 291994 Immunohistochemical localization of the 1,25(OH)2D3 receptor and calbindin-D28K in human and rat pancreas. Am J Physiol 267:E356–E360., , ,
- 301994 Immunolocalization of calcitriol receptor, 24-hydroxylase cytochrome P-450, and calbindin-D28K in human kidney. Am J Physiol 266:F477–F485., , ,
- 311989 Initiation of protein synthesis by internal entry of ribosomes into the 5′ nontranslated region of encephalomyocarditis virus RNA in vivo. J Virol 63:1651–1660., , ,
- 321998 CXCR4 is required by a nonprimate lentivirus: Heterologous expression of feline immunodeficiency virus in human, rodent, and feline cells. J Virol 72:6858–6866.,
- 331998 Intrinsic mineralization defect in Hyp mouse and osteoblasts. Am J Physiol E700–E708., , , , ,
- 341992 Electrophoretic transfer of proteins from polyacrylamide gels to nitrocellulose sheets: Procedure and some applications. 1979. Biotechnology 24:145–149., ,
- 351970 Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature 227:680–685.
- 362000 Methods for studying glucosylceramide synthase. Methods Enzymol 311:50–59., , ,
- 371998 Labeling of the endoplasmic reticulum with DiOC6(3). In: CelisJE (ed.) Cell Biology: A Laboratory Handbook, 2nd ed., vol. 2. Academic Press, San Diego, CA, USA, pp. 501–506.
- 382001 Disease-causing missense mutations in the Phex gene interfere with membrane targeting of the recombinant protein. Hum Mol Genet 10:1539–1546., , ,