Direct Transformation from Quiescence to Bone Formation in the Adult Periosteum Following a Single Brief Period of Bone Loading
Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2005
Copyright © 2005 ASBMR
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Volume 20, Issue 1, pages 161–171, January 2005
How to Cite
Pead, M. J., Skerry, T. M. and Lanyon, L. E. (2005), Direct Transformation from Quiescence to Bone Formation in the Adult Periosteum Following a Single Brief Period of Bone Loading. J Bone Miner Res, 20: 161–171. doi: 10.1359/jbmr.2005.20.1.161
- Issue online: 4 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2005
- 11964 Mathematical Elements of Bone Remodeling. Charles C. Thomas, Springfield, Illinois.
- 21985 The “new bone”: Some anthropological potentials. Yearbook Phys Anthropol 28: 211–226.
- 31983 The physiologic and clinical significance of bone histomorphometric data. ReckerRR (ed) Bone Histomorphometry Techniques and Interpretation. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
- 41987 Does the mechanical usage inhibit bone “remodeling”? Calcif Tissue Int 41: 239–248.
- 51984 The cellular basis of bone remodeling: The quantum concept re-examined in the light of recent advances in the cell biology of bone. Calcif Tissue Int 36: S37–S45.
- 61982 Mechanically adaptive bone remodelling. A quantitative study on functional adaptation in the radius following ulna osteotomy in sheep. J Biomech 15: 141–154., , ,
- 71982 The influence of strain rate on adaptive bone remodelling. J Biomech 15: 767–781., ,
- 81985 Regulation of bone mass by mechanical strain magnitude. Calcif Tissue Int 37: 411–417.,
- 91986 Modulation of bone loss during calcium insufficiency by controlled dynamic loading. Calcif Tissue Int 38: 209–216., ,
- 101984 Regulation of bone formation by applied dynamic loads. J Bone Joint Surg 66A: 397–402.,
- 111984 Dynamic strain similarity in vertebrates; An alternative to allometric limb bone sealing. J Theor Biol 107: 321–327.,
- 121975 A simple method for demonstration of osteoid in paraffin sections, lab Technol 32: 203–213.,
- 131983 Identification of mineralisation front: Comparison of a modified toluidine blue stain with tetracycline fluorescence. Metab Bone Dis Relat Res 5: 41–45., , ,
- 141981 Role of osteoblasts in hormonal control of bone resorption: a hypothesis. Calcif Tissue Int 33: 349–351.,
- 151987 The role of bone cells in increasing metaphyseal hard tissue in rapidly growing rats treated with prostaglandin E2. Bone 8: 171–178., , , , ,
- 161987 Effect of prostaglandin E1 on regional Haversian remodelling in beagles with fractured ribs: A histomorphometric study. Bone 8: 87–90.,
- 171982 Mechanically adaptive bone remodelling. J Biomech 15: 141–145., , ,
- 181979 Functional adaptation of bone to increased stress. J Bone Joint Surg 61A: 539–546., ,
- 191975 A Textbook of Histology, 7th ed. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia.,
- 201988 Vital biomechanics: Proposed general concepts for skeletal adaptations to mechanical usage. Calcif Tissue Int 42: 145–156.
- 211979 Craniofacial growth in Olive baboons (Papio cynocephalus anubis): Browridge Formation. Growth 43: 174–187., ,