Changes in Sexual Risk Behavior as Young Men Transition to Adulthood
Article first published online: 5 DEC 2008
© 2008 by the Guttmacher Institute
Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health
Volume 40, Issue 4, pages 218–225, December 2008
How to Cite
Dariotis, J. K., Sonenstein, F. L., Gates, G. J., Capps, R., Astone, N. M., Pleck, J. H., Sifakis, F. and Zeger, S. (2008), Changes in Sexual Risk Behavior as Young Men Transition to Adulthood. Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, 40: 218–225. doi: 10.1363/4021808
- Issue published online: 5 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 5 DEC 2008
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Cases of HIV infection and AIDS in the United States and dependent areas, 2005, HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report, Vol. 17, rev. ed., Atlanta: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and CDC, 2007.
- 3National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Workshop Summary: Scientific Evidence on Condom Effectiveness for Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Prevention, Bethesda, MD: NIAID, 2001.
- 6Sexual activity and contraceptive practices among teenagers in the United States, 1988 and 1995, Vital and Health Statistics, 2001, Series 23, No. 21.and ,
- 7Division of STD Prevention, CDC, Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance 1999, Atlanta: CDC, 2000.
- 11Illicit Drug Use, Smoking, and Drinking by America’s High School Students, College Students, and Young Adults: 1975–1987, Rockville, MD: National Institute on Drug Abuse, 1988., and ,
- 12Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), National Household Survey on Drug Abuse: Population Estimates 1992, Rockville, MD: SAMHSA, 1993.
- 13The Social Organization of Sexuality: Sexual Practices in the United States, Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1994.et al.,
- 15A general theory of adolescent problem behavior: problems and prospects, in: and , eds., Adolescent Problem Behavior: Issues and Research, Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1994, pp. 41–56.and
- 21Notes on attrition bias and weighting in Wave 2 of the National Survey of Adolescent Males, working paper, Washington, DC: Urban Institute, 1991.and ,
- 22Attrition and weighting for the third wave (1995) of the National Survey of Adolescent Males, working paper, Washington, DC: Urban Institute, 1996., and ,