Accepted by Gord Richardson. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2004 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference, generously supported by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants and Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec. We thank Mary Barth, Anne Beatty, Greg Clinch, Paul Fischer, Frank Heflin, Jack Hughes, Rick Lambert, Baruch Lev (discussant), Pierre Jinghong Liang, Karl Muller, Kathy Petroni, Gord Richardson (editor), Jason Shachat, two anonymous reviewers, and seminar participants at the 2002 American Accounting Association meetings, Emory University, HEC Montréal, London Business School, and University of Texas at Dallas for helpful comments. We are grateful to David Hsieh for providing some of the insider-trading data, and to Maya Atanasova, Santhosh Ramalingegowda, and Eddie Riedl for able research assistance. Steven Huddart acknowledges financial support from the Smeal College Competitive Research Fund. Part of this research was completed while Steven Huddart was a visiting fellow at the University of Queensland.
Information Asymmetry and Cross-sectional Variation in Insider Trading*
Article first published online: 15 JAN 2010
2007 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 24, Issue 1, pages 195–232, Spring 2007
How to Cite
Huddart, S. J. and Ke, B. (2007), Information Asymmetry and Cross-sectional Variation in Insider Trading. Contemporary Accounting Research, 24: 195–232. doi: 10.1506/0277-1110-4434-M627
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 15 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!