Accepted by Michel Magnan. I have benefited from numerous useful comments and suggestions by Michel Magnan (associate editor), and two anonymous reviewers. Thanks also are due to Irene Karamanou for providing valuable input on a programming issue, Maria Christodoulou for competent research assistance, and First Call Corporation, a Thompson Financial Company, for pro-viding forecast financial data. This project was partly funded by a University of Cyprus research grant.
Audit Committees, Boards, and the Quality of Reported Earnings*
Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2010
2005 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 22, Issue 4, pages 1093–1122, Winter 2005
How to Cite
Vafeas, N. (2005), Audit Committees, Boards, and the Quality of Reported Earnings. Contemporary Accounting Research, 22: 1093–1122. doi: 10.1506/1QYN-2RFQ-FKYX-XP84
- Issue online: 15 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!