Accepted by Michel Magnan. We thank Michel Magnan (associate editor), two anonymous referees, Jong-Hag Choi, Michael Firth, Jere Francis, Raynolde Pereira, Dan Simunic, T. J. Wong, and attendees of our presentations at the 2005 Asian Corporate Governance Conference in Seoul, Korea, the 2005 Annual Meeting of the American Accounting Association, Seoul National University, Jilin University, and Hong Kong Polytechnic University for their useful comments on earlier versions of the paper. Partial funding was provided by the Competitive Earmarked Research Grants of the Hong Kong SAR Government and the Area of Strategic Development research grant from Hong Kong Polytechnic University. All errors and omissions are the responsibility of the authors.
Ownership Structure, Business Group Affiliation, Listing Status, and Earnings Management: Evidence from Korea*
Article first published online: 15 JAN 2010
2006 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 23, Issue 2, pages 427–464, Summer 2006
How to Cite
Kim, J.-B. and Yi, C. H. (2006), Ownership Structure, Business Group Affiliation, Listing Status, and Earnings Management: Evidence from Korea. Contemporary Accounting Research, 23: 427–464. doi: 10.1506/7T5B-72FV-MHJV-E697
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 15 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!