Accepted by Dan Simunic. I appreciate the helpful comments of two anonymous reviewers, Linda Bamber, Michael Bamber, Sudipta Basu, George Benston, Doug Bowman, Ron Dye, Jennifer Gaver, Al Hartgraves, Clive Lennox, Tom Lys, Silvia Madeo, Stan Markov, Grace Pownall, Peter Roberts, Diana Robertson, Steven Schmitt, Dan Simunic (associate editor), Greg Waymire, and seminar participants at Emory University, University of Nebraska, Northwestern University, University of Tennessee, the 2003 Southeast Summer Accounting Research Colloquium, and the 2004 Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Symposium on Accounting Research. I also thank Ron Harris, Susan Klopper, and Rachna Prakash for research assistance; the Goizueta Business School for generous funding; and I/B/E/S International Inc. for access to data on analysts' earnings forecasts.
Who Cares about Auditor Reputation?*
Article first published online: 15 JAN 2010
2005 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 549–586, Fall 2005
How to Cite
BARTON, J. (2005), Who Cares about Auditor Reputation?. Contemporary Accounting Research, 22: 549–586. doi: 10.1506/C27U-23K8-E1VL-20R0
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 15 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!