Accepted by Steven E. Salterio. We appreciate helpful comments from Mike Gibbins, Bob Libby, Mark Nelson, Terence Ng, Mark Peecher, Ira Solomon, Shyam Sunder, workshop participants at the City University of Hong Kong and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Steve Salterio (associate editor), and two anonymous reviewers. We thank auditors from the Big 4 public accounting firms for participating in the study, as well as Jun Han and Renhui Fu for research assistance, and Bob Young (KPMG) and Loretta Amerongen for assisting us in constructing and pilot-testing the cases used in the study.
Managing Perceptions of Technical Competence: How Well Do Auditors Know How Others View Them?*
Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2010
2006 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 23, Issue 3, pages 761–787, Fall 2006
How to Cite
Tan, H.-T. and Jamal, K. (2006), Managing Perceptions of Technical Competence: How Well Do Auditors Know How Others View Them?. Contemporary Accounting Research, 23: 761–787. doi: 10.1506/EH3A-XDFU-VNKD-DJYG
- Issue online: 15 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!