Accepted by Greg Waymire. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2002 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference, generously supported by the CGA-Canada Research Foundation, the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, CMA Canada — Ontario, the Certified General Accountants of Ontario, and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario. We would like to thank Stan Levine at First Call for providing the analyst and management forecast data and for helpful discussions. The comments of Sudipta Basu, Jeffrey Callen, Andreas Gintschel, Scott Richardson, Charles Wasley, Greg Waymire (associate editor), and two anonymous referees are gratefully acknowledged.
Expectations Management and Beatable Targets: How Do Analysts React to Explicit Earnings Guidance?*
Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2010
2006 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 23, Issue 3, pages 593–624, Fall 2006
How to Cite
Cotter, J., Tuna, I. and Wysocki, P. D. (2006), Expectations Management and Beatable Targets: How Do Analysts React to Explicit Earnings Guidance?. Contemporary Accounting Research, 23: 593–624. doi: 10.1506/FJ4D-04UN-68T7-R8CA
- Issue online: 15 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!