Accepted by Gord Richardson. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2003 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference, generously supported by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, CMA Canada-Ontario, the Certified General Accountants of Ontario, and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario. This paper is based on my dissertation completed at the University of Alberta. I am grateful for the support and advice of my dissertation committee members, Judy Cameron, Michael Gibbins (chair), Ric Johnson, Marlys Lipe, and Peter Tiessen. Thanks to Emilio Boulianne, Maurice Gosselin, Karim Jamal, Michel Magnan, Steve Salterio, and Kristy Towry, and seminar participants at Concordia University, the University of Alberta, the University of Saskatchewan, the University of Waterloo, St. Mary's University, and Wilfrid Laurier University for helpful comments on earlier drafts. Thanks also to participants at the American Accounting Association 2003 Management Accounting Section conference, the Canadian Academic Accounting Association 2002 Annual conference, the Contemporary Accounting Research (CAR) 2003 Annual conference, Joan Luft (discussant), and two anonymous reviewers at CAR. Finally, thanks to the University of Alberta, the University of Waterloo, and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council for financial support.
Managers' Commitment to the Goals Contained in a Strategic Performance Measurement System*
Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2010
2004 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 21, Issue 4, pages 925–958, Winter 2004
How to Cite
WEBB, R. A. (2004), Managers' Commitment to the Goals Contained in a Strategic Performance Measurement System. Contemporary Accounting Research, 21: 925–958. doi: 10.1506/KHW0-G7PY-AQEA-718J
- Issue online: 15 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!