Accepted by Gordon Richardson. We thank the two reviewers and especially Gordon Richardson (editor) for their constructive suggestions. We also appreciate comments on earlier versions of the paper from workshop participants at Aston Business School (Birmingham), Hong Kong Polytechnic University, University of Houston, University of Melbourne, University of Missouri, University of Paris Dauphine, University of Toronto, Vanderbilt University, University of Wisconsin, European Auditing Research Network Symposium, and the annual meeting of the European Accounting Association. Jere Francis is an Honorary Professional Fellow at University of Melbourne, Australia.
The Joint Effect of Investor Protection and Big 4 Audits on Earnings Quality around the World*
Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2010
2008 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 25, Issue 1, pages 157–191, Spring 2008
How to Cite
Francis, J. R. and Wang, D. (2008), The Joint Effect of Investor Protection and Big 4 Audits on Earnings Quality around the World. Contemporary Accounting Research, 25: 157–191. doi: 10.1506/car.25.1.6
- Issue online: 15 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!