Accepted by Alan Webb. This paper has benefited from comments by Alan Webb (associate editor) and anonymous reviewers, as well as from Ramji Balakrishnan, Eddy Cardinaels, Jonathan Grenier, Lynn Hannan, Lisa Koonce, Joan Luft, Liesel Mitchell, Don Moser, Mark Nelson, Mark Peecher, and Hongmei Zhao; and workshop participants at Emory University, Georgia State University, the 2005 American Accounting Association ABO Section Conference, the 2006 American Accounting Association Management Accounting Section Conference, and the 2006 Global Management Accounting Research Symposium. We thank the Research Computing staff in the Goizueta Business School at Emory University (especially Lisa Harris) for development of the program used in the experiment. We thank the Lost Dog Cafe in Arlington, Virginia and Zingerman's in Ann Arbor, Michigan for allowing us to use their creative and extensive sandwich menus in our experimental task.
Contracting on Contemporaneous versus Forward-Looking Measures: An Experimental Investigation*
Article first published online: 15 JAN 2010
2008 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 773–802, Fall 2008
How to Cite
Farrell, A. M., Kadous, K. and Towry, K. L. (2008), Contracting on Contemporaneous versus Forward-Looking Measures: An Experimental Investigation. Contemporary Accounting Research, 25: 773–802. doi: 10.1506/car.25.3.5
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 15 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!