Accepted by Peter Pope. We appreciate the helpful comments made by two anonymous referees, Andrew Felo, Chris Jones, Peter Pope (associate editor), and the seminar participants at American University, George Mason University, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the American Accounting Association. We thank Anya Zyuzina for help with data collection.
Does the SOX Definition of an Accounting Expert Matter? The Association between Audit Committee Directors' Accounting Expertise and Accounting Conservatism*
Article first published online: 15 JAN 2010
2008 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 827–858, Fall 2008
How to Cite
Krishnan, G. V. and Visvanathan, G. (2008), Does the SOX Definition of an Accounting Expert Matter? The Association between Audit Committee Directors' Accounting Expertise and Accounting Conservatism. Contemporary Accounting Research, 25: 827–858. doi: 10.1506/car.25.3.7
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 15 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!