Accepted by Jeffrey Callen. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2007 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference, generously supported by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. We thank Jeffrey Callen (associate editor), two anonymous reviewers, Christine Wiedman (the CAR conference discussant), Mary Ellen Carter, John Dickhaut, Ranjan D'Mello, Peter Easton, Stuart Gillan, Dan Givoly, Bob Hagerman, Chandra Kanodia, Jack Kareken, S. Maheswaran, Morton Pincus, Bal Radhakrishna, Judy Rayburn, Douglas Schroeder, Tom Stober, Jaeyoung Sung, Ram Venkataraman, Terry Warfield, Baohua Xin, and participants of seminars at SUNY—Buffalo, University of Minnesota, George Mason University, University of Cincinnati, 2007 Contemporary Accounting Research Conference, 1999 American Accounting Association National Conference, 1999 Financial Management Association Conference, 2000 Financial Economics and Accounting Conference, and the Securities and Exchange Commission—Office of Economic Analysis for helpful discussions and comments.
Quarterly Earnings Patterns and Earnings Management*
Article first published online: 18 JAN 2010
2009 Canadian Academic Accounting Association
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 26, Issue 3, pages 797–831, Fall 2009
How to Cite
Das, S., Shroff, P. K. and Zhang, H. (2009), Quarterly Earnings Patterns and Earnings Management. Contemporary Accounting Research, 26: 797–831. doi: 10.1506/car.26.3.7
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 18 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!