This research was supported by three generous grants to the first author from the International Psychoanalytical Association Research Advisory Board, the Long Island University Research Fund, and the New York Freudian Society. The first author would like to recognize the extraordinary research assistance of Ancy Augustine, Kristan Baker, Robert Bartlett, Christine DiBenedetto, Amanda Gopen, Shay Loftus, Dawn Lotter, Anna Marantidis, Marcia Miller, Zebbie Moral, Grace Palacio, Michael Sapp, Karen Schwartz, Lina Umylny, and Becky Whipple during all phases of this study. The authors express appreciation to Maurizio Zambenedetti for permitting access to the children's psychiatric inpatient unit and for arranging access to the school district. The authors gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of the children and mothers who participated in this study.
ADHD and Aggression as Correlates of Suicidal Behavior in Assaultive Prepubertal Psychiatric Inpatients
Article first published online: 31 DEC 2010
2008 The American Association for Suicidology
Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior
Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 46–59, February 2008
How to Cite
Goodman, G., Gerstadt, C., Pfeffer, C. R., Stroh, M. and Valdez, A. (2008), ADHD and Aggression as Correlates of Suicidal Behavior in Assaultive Prepubertal Psychiatric Inpatients. Suicide and Life-Threat Behavi, 38: 46–59. doi: 10.1521/suli.2008.38.1.46
- Issue published online: 31 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 31 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Received: August 30, 2006; Revision Accepted: May 14, 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!